Announcement: Kotti 1.0.0 final released

Andreas Kaiser

Feb 20, 2015, 11:48:28 AM2/20/15
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
On behalf of the Kotti community I'm excited to announce the release of
Kotti 1.0.0 final.

Kotti is a high-level, Pythonic web application framework based on
Pyramid, SQLAlchemy and Bootstrap 3. It includes an extensible Content
Management System called the Kotti CMS.

Kotti is particularly well suited for building custom applications with
object level security. It comes with complete user and group management
and supports the concepts of global and local roles [1] providing
management views for each of those.

The included CMS is somewhat basic in terms of included content types,
but provides a solid foundation for one's applications and is very easy
to extend [2].

Developing with Kotti aims to be fun; it doesn't hide or abstract its
own foundations, meaning for example that the persistence API is pure
SQLAlchemy. Kotti will always stay lean, providing only what is needed
in all (or at least most) applications, leaving everything else to add
ons. Its included scaffold creator makes building new add ons easy [3].

Kotti has extensive test coverage (almost Heisenberg quality ;)) with
continuous integration (tested against all supported versions of Python
as well as PostgreSQL, MySQL and SQLite). It is well documented [4]
(compared to other frameworks :)), and we're working on making that even
better!

Our next milestones are:

- integration of Depot [5] for flexible and fully configurable
storage
of files. This feature already is in master and will be released
as
1.1.0-alpha.1 soon.

- providing a full REST API for the included content types that is
also easy to extend for custom types

- Python 3 support (this should be a rather low hanging fruit, it's
just something nobody has tried extensively enough yet)

You're cordially invited to try Kotti yourself. Join us on IRC [6] or
our mailing list [7] if you have questions or need help.

Thanks for reading this far,

Andreas

[1]
http://kotti.readthedocs.org/en/latest/developing/basic/security.html
[2] http://kotti.readthedocs.org/en/latest/first_steps/tut-2.html
[3]
http://kotti.readthedocs.org/en/latest/first_steps/tut-1.html#creating-the-add-on-package
[4] http://kotti.readthedocs.org/
[5] http://depot.readthedocs.org/
[6] irc://irc.freenode.net/#kotti
[7] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/kotti

tonthon

Feb 22, 2015, 4:02:18 PM2/22/15
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations for the good job made so far !!

Kotti rocks !!!

Andreas Jung

Feb 23, 2015, 1:49:58 AM2/23/15
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com