accounting system

r/ Wobben

Jun 25, 2015, 4:02:17 AM6/25/15
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Can pyramid be used to make a accounting system.
and if so, which tutorials can I follow the best after the 3 introduction tutorials ?

Roelof

Oliver

Jun 25, 2015, 4:35:25 AM6/25/15
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
You may build also an accounting system, which might be quite complex.

But there will be no tutorial for that, may be you will find something open-sourced and review the code (this is anyway
a good way to learn from others).

Tutorials in general try to show you best practices for using certain features of something - a kind of a honey pot
helping to sell/spread something, but they stay general in things like architecture, business logic, domain model,
distributed service model, persistence, monitoring, deployment - which are important questions to solve for each
individual project (in most cases this is the business founding idea, which people try to keep secret).

Also in terms of time, one should not underestimate a thing like "accounting system" or CRM or CMS... there are several
projects out there, which contain several man years - so how complete is a tutorial, which spans one day or one week?

r/ Wobben

Jun 25, 2015, 5:10:19 AM6/25/15
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry that I was no clear.

I was not lookg for a complete tutorial about how to make a accounting system.

More about things like database, foreign keys , multiple things like for example how to use things like users, products if it was a ecommerce site.
The quick tutorial only uses one thing so I hope I can find a tutorial about using multiple things and relations.
So how do I make CRUD working on pyramids

Roelof

On 25.06.2015 10:02, r/ Wobben wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can pyramid be used to make a accounting system.
> and if so, which tutorials can I follow the best after the 3 introduction tutorials ?
>
> Roelof

Ergo

Jun 25, 2015, 5:30:08 PM6/25/15
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You may want to look at https://github.com/ergo/ziggurat_foundations - as it aims to give you freedom to develop all kinds of projects but also simplify permissions and object ownership.

The docs show how to integrate the package with pyramid and from this point you have user permissions covered and just need to develop UI for those.

Even if you will not use the package it might give you some insight how to build a permission system with sqlalchemy.

Marcin