Waitress 1.0a1 released

Bert JW Regeer

Jun 25, 2016, 1:40:01 AM6/25/16
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

I have uploaded a new version of waitress. I have increased the version number to 1.0. The project has been stable for a very long time, but I figure with the addition of IPv6 support and multiple sockets, it’s as good as any other time…

Changes:

Deprecations

• Python 2.6 is no longer supported.

Features

• Waitress is now able to listen on multiple sockets, including IPv4 and IPv6. Instead of passing in a host/port combination you now provide waitress with a space delineated list, and it will create as many sockets as required. Using the host/port combination is deprecated but will be supported for at least the next 5 minor releases.

from waitress import serve
serve(wsgiapp, listen='0.0.0.0:8080 [::]:9090 *:6543')

Security

• Waitress will now drop HTTP headers that contain an underscore in the key when received from a client. This is to stop any possible underscore/dash conflation that may lead to security issues. See https://github.com/Pylons/waitress/pull/80 and https://www.djangoproject.com/weblog/2015/jan/13/security/

Please feel free to give this a spin and see how it works out for you. For Pyramid applications using the paster ini you can change from:

[server:main]
use = egg:waitress#main
host = 0.0.0.0
port = 6543

[server:main]
use = egg:waitress#main
listen = 0.0.0.0:6543 127.0.0.1:8080

To listen on all IPv4 addresses on port 6543 and on port 8080 on 127.0.0.1.

Please file bug reports on the Github issue tracker: https://github.com/Pylons/waitress/issues

Bert JW Regeer

Tres Seaver

Jun 25, 2016, 10:40:49 AM6/25/16