Announcing Websauna

Mikko Ohtamaa

Oct 21, 2016, 12:22:43 PM10/21/16
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Websauna is a new full stack framework built on the top of Pyramid.

Websauna is a Python package and application framework for developing custom consumer and business web services. It emphasizes meeting business requirements with reliable delivery times, responsiveness, consistency in quality, security and high data integrity. A low learning curve, novice friendliness and polished documentation help less seasoned developers to get their first release out quickly.

See Websauna introduction presentation from Plone Conference 2016:

http://www.slideshare.net/miohtama/websauna-introduction-to-the-best-python-web-framework

More information:

https://websauna.org

Vinicius Assef

Oct 22, 2016, 9:13:19 PM10/22/16
to pylons-discuss
Really nice.

Mike Orr

Oct 23, 2016, 1:15:16 PM10/23/16
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 9:22 AM, Mikko Ohtamaa <mi...@redinnovation.com> wrote:
> Websauna is a new full stack framework built on the top of Pyramid.
> https://websauna.org

+1 for offering a no-hassle offline documentation bundle. I wish some
other projects did that so you don't have to print a page at a time. I
just finished porting a a login-based application from Pylons to
Pyramid; if Sauna had existed earlier I might have used it. But it
looks easy enough to borrow ideas from its structure without drinking
the kool-aid.

--
Mike Orr <slugg...@gmail.com>

Mikko Ohtamaa

Oct 23, 2016, 1:23:35 PM10/23/16
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com

+1 for offering a no-hassle offline documentation bundle. I wish some
other projects did that so you don't have to print a page at a time. I
just finished porting a a login-based application from Pylons to
Pyramid; if Sauna had existed earlier I might have used it. But it
looks easy enough to borrow ideas from its structure without drinking
the kool-aid.

Currently the package is monolithic. This is not by design, but for having less maintenance work for a single person. If you are borrowing or buying in, it makes sense to spin out some of the stuff to independent packages.

I have already started to move some of this to upstream, namely Deform.

-M

--
Mike Orr <slugg...@gmail.com>

Mikko Ohtamaa