Pyramid sprint

Nejc Zupan

Oct 23, 2016, 1:51:10 PM10/23/16
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
Proof read pls:

Hello everyone!

Domen and I have been talking for a long time about organizing a sprint in Ljubljana, our home town. Then a few weeks back we were again going at it, trying to sync our calendars. And realized that if we don’t do it now, who knows when the opportunity presents itself again. So, here it is, on a very short notice (sorry), the very first sprint in Ljubljana, the DragonSprint!

=============
# DragonSprint #
=============

Date: 5.12. to 9.12.2016
Venue: Poligon http://www.poligon.si/

Schedule
* Sunday 4th: arrivals, sightseeing, pre-sprinting in caffees
* Monday through Friday: official sprint days in Poligon with organized lunch & dinner
* Wednesday or Thursday evening: Ljubljana Python Meetup (@Poligon)
* Saturday 10th: departures, sightseeing, post-sprinting in caffees

Sprint Topics
* any and all open issues on http://github.com/Pylons/pyramid/issues
* discussions about Pyramid in 5 or 10 years from now
* Please suggest yours!

We need Sponsors!
* see our budget below
* sponsor plans:
  * 150€ - Donator: Using Pyramid to make money? Donate to show love! (logo on digital things)
  * 400€ - Sponsor: Help make the sprint happen and contribute to the future of Pyramid! (logo on digital + printed things + shoutout)
  * 900€ - Hero (max 3): Go the extra length to make sure sprinters are well feed and taken care of so they can be extra productive! (all above + dinner sponsor + suggest topics)
* ping zupo or domenkozar on IRC, or reply to this email

Other information
===============

Accommodation options
* Hotels
* 4 people on a budget can stay at my place for free, ping me on IRC (zupo@freenode) or email

Optional activities
* mulled wine and honey brandy on the December Markets in the old medieval part: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hrbMSFFRag
* beer/wine tasting, visit to breweries/vineyards

Budget
* Venue: 500€
* Lunch: 5 days * 20 people * 10€: 1000€
* Dinner: 5 days * 20 people * 15€: 1500€
* Graphics: 200€, 99Designs or similar, (web, rollup, nametags, tshirts)
* T-Shirts: 20 people * 15€: 300€
* niceties/emergency: 200€
* TOTAL: 3700€
* (whatever is left goes to the Python Software Foundation)

Lunch ideas (takeaways - 10€ pp)
* pizza
* asian

Dinner ideas (restaurants - 15€ pp)
* Sestica - typical Slovenian countryside food
* Sarajevo 84' - Bosnian food
* Kralj Zara - burgers
* Gujzina - funky food from the Prekmurje region
* TaBar - snack-sized dishes, good wine
* Out-of-budget, but heavily recommended, slow-food style: Čompa, Skaručna

Misc
* Slovenians just love to hang out at cafes and small joints. You should definitely come for a day or two besides the official sprint days to join us in some of the most popular hacker-friendly cafes and soak up the vibe.
* Weather in Slovenia in December: Temperatures normally just above 0C, but they can drop significantly, especially during the night. Snow is definitely a possibility, rain as well.

See you in Ljubljana!

zupo

Oct 23, 2016, 3:24:05 PM10/23/16
to pylons-discuss
Sorry for the "proof read pls", shouldn't have been there.