CMS, user authentication, admin and personalisation

Jo G

Mar 23, 2015, 12:33:48 PM3/23/15
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I have been tasked with building an admin app using pyramid. We need user management and content management with the ability to define and manage our own content types. Looking around for where this had been done before I came across substance d which looks great. Any other options?
Bit of a pyramid newbie and also haven't been coding for a few years so need lots of help!
Thanks in advance.
Jo

David Glick (Glick Software)

Mar 23, 2015, 12:35:51 PM3/23/15
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
Kotti is another option. http://kotti.pylonsproject.org/

Jo G

Mar 24, 2015, 6:49:47 AM3/24/15
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks David, what about ptah? Want to get a list of alternatives before I delve in deeper!

wilk

Mar 24, 2015, 8:04:58 AM3/24/15
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You can start looking at this tutorial :
http://docs.pylonsproject.org/docs/pyramid/en/latest/tutorials/wiki/index.html

It will give you an idea how it can be easy and fun to build a cms from
ground with pyramid + zodb. Then you will know what you prefer to find
prebuild.

On 23-03-2015, Jo G wrote:
> ------=_Part_278_1330690363.1427110406385
>
> ------=_Part_279_1018231083.1427110406385
William

tonthon

Mar 24, 2015, 1:21:58 PM3/24/15
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
You can have a look at this page for a full list of pyramid development
environments :
http://docs.pylonsproject.org/en/latest/docs/pyramid.html#sample-pyramid-development-environments
> <http://kotti.pylonsproject.org/>

Jo G

Mar 25, 2015, 5:46:18 AM3/25/15
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, hadn't spotted that list. Will look through.

Sébastien Verbois

Mar 28, 2015, 10:23:03 PM3/28/15
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
I wrote a POC (new content type, workflow) with Kotti last month. You can have a look at the code here : https://github.com/sverbois/sverbois_directory