limone status

Guillaume Gauvrit

Sep 29, 2014, 3:49:43 AM9/29/14
to pylons...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I currently use colander but, for a new project, I like
to have Python object instead of dict, the project I found
via stackoverflow is limone.

https://github.com/chrisrossi/limone

It's not on the Pylon official repository, still in alpha version,
and have not changed since 3 years. Is it a dead project,
(I mean not maintained) ? In this case, is there an alternative ?

Thanks for your advice.

Guillaume

Chris Rossi

Sep 29, 2014, 11:49:00 AM9/29/14
to pylons-devel
It's dead in that no one is currently using or maintaining it.  It was a fun hack, but I never really found much use for it myself.  I don't remember super well, but I think it starts to show its rough edges with complex schemas with many nested layers, but is really slick for simple, shallow schemas.

It's open source and there's no reason you couldn't use it if you find it useful.  I certainly wouldn't object to someone taking it over.

Chris

Nicolas Chauvat

Sep 30, 2014, 7:21:04 AM9/30/14
to pylons...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guillaume,
If you are not committed to Colander, you might be interested in
CubicWeb, which was recently rebased onto Pyramid 1.5.

Take a look at
http://docs.cubicweb.org/devrepo/datamodel/definition.html#defining-your-schema-using-yams
and maybe
http://docs.cubicweb.org/devrepo/entityclasses/application-logic.html
and
http://docs.cubicweb.org/annexes/rql/language.html#examples

I hope this is close enough to your question not to be spam.

--
Nicolas Chauvat

Guillaume Gauvrit

Sep 30, 2014, 8:59:41 AM9/30/14
to pylons...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
thanks for your answer.

I use Colander for a rest api (using Cornice) but this time
I d'like to consume that API and I will prefer to manipulate objects
instead of dict and simple types.

I will take a look at schematics which looks like limone and may
be more alive.

Chris Rossi

Sep 30, 2014, 9:07:34 AM9/30/14
to pylons-devel
I had not seen schematics before.  The information on the pypi page does look promising.  And active is good.  The only reason you might consider limone at this point, I would think, is if you want to continue using your Colander schemas instead of writing new schematics models.  Conversion is probably not too hard, though.

Chris

Guillaume Gauvrit

Oct 1, 2014, 4:12:05 PM10/1/14
to pylons...@googlegroups.com, ch...@archimedeanco.com

I finally decide to use only colander. I know it, I like it.

Thanks for your feedback everybody.