Fw: [pyladies] Digest for pyladies@googlegroups.com - 4 updates in 2 topics

Flora Worley

Sep 30, 2014, 1:16:55 PM9/30/14
to pylad...@googlegroups.com

On September 30, 2014 at 12:46:17 AM, pyla...@googlegroups.com (pyla...@googlegroups.com) wrote:

Jacqueline Kazil <jacki...@gmail.com>: Sep 29 05:17PM -0400

Shauna Gordon-McKeon and Jessica McKellar are leading a pycon poster
brainstorming session. Here is a note that Shauna posted on another
listserv if you are interested...

Are you interested in presenting at PyCon 2015 but not sure what to talk
about? Feeling intimidated and/or shy? Why not start with a poster (<
https://us.pycon.org/2015/posters/faq/>)?

Join us on the evening of Wednesday, October 1st at 8pm-10pm est (5-7
pacific) to brainstorm poster topics. We'll be meeting on the #openhatch
IRC channel (<
http://openhatch.readthedocs.org/en/latest/community/contact.html>).
Python Software Foundation director, longtime PyCon presenter and
all-around rockstar Jessica McKellar (<
https://us.pycon.org/2014/speaker/profile/64/>) will be joining us to give
feedback and advice on appropriate topics.

In a couple weeks we'll host another IRC hangout for giving feedback on
drafted proposals, so keep an eye out!

- Shauna
Diana Clarke <diana.jo...@gmail.com>: Sep 29 05:40PM -0400

Nice! Tweeted:

https://twitter.com/pycon/status/516703963333152770

--diana

"A. Roy Greenfeld" <aud...@gmail.com>: Sep 29 02:47PM -0700

And reposted in /r/pyladies!
http://www.reddit.com/r/pyladies/comments/2htub5/pycon_poster_proposal_brainstorming_session_wed/

Jessica and Shauna, thanks for hosting this!

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Diana Clarke
"A. Roy Greenfeld" <aud...@gmail.com>: Sep 29 11:22AM -0700

The Pyladies subreddit still needs more links:
http://www.reddit.com/r/pyladies/comments/2hjwkw/the_pyladies_subreddit_needs_more_posts_please/

Please keep an eye out for links that by or involving Python+women and
post them there.

In particular, we could use more links to blog posts by women all over
the world. Pyladies is international, and I'd love to read about how
women across the globe are using Python.

The more we all put in, the more we all get out of this useful resource.

Thanks,
Audrey