What type of events are you interested in seeing PyLadies San Diego host?

Juliet Oberding

Jul 21, 2013, 9:02:24 PM7/21/13
to pyladies-...@googlegroups.com
I took at look at some of the other events the other chapters are holding. There are a wide range of options: Algorhithms study group,  Workshops, Speakers/Lightening Talks, Demo Nights, T-shirt Hacking (love those NYC PyLadies), Hack Nights, Attending the SDPUG group together and then going out for dinner, etc.

The options are endless! But what do you want? Let's hear what would makes this a fantastic group for you!

Best,

Juliet

Carol Willing

Jul 22, 2013, 5:28:58 AM7/22/13
to pyladies-...@googlegroups.com
I'm up in Portland this week attending OSCON and the Community Leadership Summit. I'll be planning to stop by the PyLadies booth. I will bring back copies of any cool stuff or useful info.

I'm happy to help answer on getting started with Python. Right now, getting to meetings is difficult for me with travel, work, and life. I'm happy to help answer questions via email or a google hangout that come up during your summer learning to code project. Hack Nights, T-shirt Hacking, attending the SDPUG group, a getting started with Django or Flask session, getting started with Git and GitHub are all things of interest to me.

Any interest in a weekly Google Hangout where people can ask questions or share info on projects?

Thanks Juliet for keeping PyLadies San Diego moving forward :)

Juliet Oberding

Jul 25, 2013, 8:46:54 PM7/25/13
to pyladies-...@googlegroups.com

Hey Carol,

Hope you are having a good time in Portland! Appreciate anything from the Pyladies up there.

Yay about offering to answer questions via email or google hangout. I'll be setting one up for next Monday between 7-9.

+1 for intro to Django and Git/GitHub

I think a weekly hangout via google would be great as we have so many people who want to connect but can't make it out to the meetings.

And thank you! I really appreciate your input.

Best,

Juliet