functools import error (not supported?)

Clavier

Nov 11, 2013, 1:58:40 PM11/11/13
to pyjs-...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

I encountered an error in importing a library 'functools' which is from the default Python library (I am using it for asynchronous programming).  The desktop version (pyjd) has no problem with it. But the browser version pops up the following error message:

    "Import Error: No module named functools."

Is 'functools' library not supported in Pyjs? I copied the source code from the library and made it a local code, and it seems that it works (not tested fully yet though).

Thanks.

Lex Berezhny

Nov 11, 2013, 2:22:39 PM11/11/13
to pyjs-...@googlegroups.com
There is currently no support for using a specific version of a python standard library.

The current "standard" library in Pyjs is a hodge podge of stuff people have ported over the years from a variety of Python versions.

We need to come up with a solution to deal with this problem so that pyjs can be tied to some predictable version of the Python standard library.

 - lex

--

---

Clavier

Nov 11, 2013, 2:45:26 PM11/11/13
to pyjs-...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way for me to fix bugs in Pyjs? I mean, for example, I upload a fixed version, and Pyjs developers accept it after test and reviews.  I fixed some bugs in Pyjs, but I am keeping it in my local directory.  I don't want to fix the bugs again whenever a new Pyjs versions is released. I am happy if I can contribute to Pyjs in this way, and I believe that there are many other people who want to contribute like this.

Lex Berezhny

Nov 11, 2013, 2:58:06 PM11/11/13
to pyjs-...@googlegroups.com
Your contributions would be highly appreciated.

Please fork pyjs on github.com and then create pull requests with your changes:

How to create a fork:

How to create a pull request:

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks a lot!

 - Lex

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Clavier <bachc...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there a way for me to fix bugs in Pyjs? I mean, for example, I upload a fixed version, and Pyjs developers accept it after test and reviews.  I fixed some bugs in Pyjs, but I am keeping it in my local directory.  I don't want to fix the bugs again whenever a new Pyjs versions is released. I am happy if I can contribute to Pyjs in this way, and I believe that there are many other people who want to contribute like this.

Clavier

Nov 12, 2013, 6:39:54 PM11/12/13
to pyjs-...@googlegroups.com
I also found that "types" and "uuid" libraries are missing in Pyjs webbrowser version. I copied them from Python library and they are working ok except another bug in uuid. I will post this bug soon.

Sarvi Shanmugham

Nov 14, 2013, 11:27:30 AM11/14/13
to pyjs-...@googlegroups.com
Do we need to have copies of these files? Can't we not use the original files from the python install?
With may be some imposed restrictions on what files are supported or known to work?

Making duplicate copies of these files seem unpythonic?

Sarvi

Kees Bos

Nov 14, 2013, 2:14:20 PM11/14/13
to pyjs-...@googlegroups.com

Having these (some one-to-one some partly) duplicated makes it clear that these are somewhat tested and that fixes can be applied when bugs emerge.

Clavier

Dec 1, 2013, 7:30:17 PM12/1/13
to pyjs-...@googlegroups.com
I pushed my bug fix and implementations to GitHub. I tried to do a pull request, but I couldn't because there was no other branch to compare. I am not familiar with GitHub. So, please let me know if I have to do something more.

Thanks.