pyjd running on pypy

Clavier

Feb 10, 2014, 12:15:33 AM2/10/14
to pyjs-...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

Is there anyone who succeeded to run Pyjd on Pypy? My application has to run in desktop too, and the current pyjd is too slow when start. The initialization time is about 5 seconds in my computer (from start to end of pyjd library loading before running my application code). I want the initialization time around 1 second (not more than 2 second hopefully).

So, I installed Pypy (a faster version of Python interpreter), It is running well with other python code, but it dies at the line importing pyjd in my application:

File "test.py", line 1, in <module>
    import pyjd # this is dummy in pyjs.
ImportError: No module named pyjd

I installed all required library and Pyjs in Pypy (separately from CPython), but pypy failed to import pyjd. I appreciate your comment about any other ways to make Pyjd run faster.

Thanks in advance.

Clavier

Feb 16, 2014, 12:28:43 AM2/16/14
to pyjs-...@googlegroups.com
I tried to run Pyjd on Cython, and it is working nicely. The running speed reduced from 5 to 3 seconds. It is not fast enough but I believe that Pyjd can be optimized further using the well-known Cython optimization technique. I think that Cython can be a better option to anyone who want to run Pyjd faster.