Creating a new pyjd window.

Clavier

Feb 21, 2014, 3:12:38 PM2/21/14
to pyjs-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is there a way to open a new pyjd window in pyjd? This is a way to open a web browser window:

from pyjamas import Window
Window.open('../output/Gui.html', 'New Window')

I need to open a new pyjd window something like this, (but not working):

Window.open('Gui.py', 'New Window')

It seems that pyjd dose not support multi-window applications because it is a simulator of web-browser and everything has to be done inside a single window. I tried to go around this problem by launching a stand-alone executable version to create a new window, but pyjd initialization time is too long,  (5 seconds in CPython, 3 seconds in Cython). It means that  I have to wait 3~5 seconds to open a new window. Beside, inter-process communication becomes too complicated.

I think that the current goal of pyjd is web-browser simulation, but it would be cool if pyjs supports general GUI features too.

Thanks in advance.

Nathan McCorkle

Mar 24, 2014, 5:20:08 PM3/24/14
to pyjs-...@googlegroups.com
Clavier,
this might be useful to you, it seems much easier to get up and running than pyjd (which seems currently broken in the repo):

I just wish I could find an example like this, except using the MSHTML/comtypes browser to reduce the library requirements even more!