Broken documentation

Adam Rakowski

Mar 22, 2014, 9:11:51 PM3/22/14
to pyjs-...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

 I spend terribly much time to install Pyjamas, cause current documentation reffers to file bootstrap.py, which does not exist in repository. Could you review the docs, especially this page: https://github.com/pyjs/pyjs/wiki/GettingStarted and update if neccessary.

Cheers,
Adam

Nathan McCorkle

Mar 24, 2014, 5:16:29 PM3/24/14
to pyjs-...@googlegroups.com
Exactly, I just created an issue about this on github.

I'm on Windows, with msysgit (to get bash) and PortablePython. I've found I can download PIP packages from the PIP website, then install them with:
cd pip-pkg-name
~/Portable_Python_2.7.5.1_gtk/App/python.exe ./setup.py install

which allowed me to install comtypes and pyjs. Unfortunately, when I try
~/Portable_Python_2.7.5.1_gtk/App/python.exe ~/version\ controll
ed/pyjs/examples/helloworld/Hello.py

I get an error:
~/version controlled/pyjs/examples/helloworld/Hello.py", line 1, in <module>
    import pyjd # this is dummy in pyjs.
ImportError: No module named pyjd

Gary Cowell

Jun 10, 2014, 7:01:17 AM6/10/14
to pyjs-...@googlegroups.com
I've got the same issue unsurprisingly. Just found this project and it seems to be the ideal fit for what I want to do (code a GUI app in Python, pretty much like I was writing PyQt, but with a Web UI).

The bootstrap.py being missing confuses me. Can't get the examples to run with apache2, they all generate 'empty' html files [not empty, but with no code in them to actually run any python], and they're in 'examples/helloworld/public' and not 'examples/helloworld/output' as other documentation states.

I think I'd be happy enough if someone could just nudge in the right direction as to what to do to install pyjs , pyjd and run the examples, I'll be able to work things out on my own from then

David Ragazzi

Jun 17, 2014, 7:49:51 AM6/17/14
to pyjs-...@googlegroups.com
Yeah.. I'm having big problems due this documentation!!

David Ragazzi

Jun 17, 2014, 10:31:37 AM6/17/14
to pyjs-...@googlegroups.com

Hi guys,

The problem is that with the "pip installable" changes made by @sarvi, bootstrap.py and others were deleted. However, he doesn't provide/update the documentation which is confusing many users like me.

Btw, I updated the "Getting Started" wiki with working instructions (except for pyjd):

https://github.com/pyjs/pyjs/wiki/GettingStarted