FlowPanel not Returning Children

Grant Pitel

Jun 14, 2014, 8:40:11 AM6/14/14
to pyjs-...@googlegroups.com
FlowPanel is not returning its children.  Given its wide use I was a little surprised which is why I wanted to run it by the community before I start poking at it.  The code below illustrates the problem clearly. Only the first child is returned.  I look forward to your feedback.  I am using version 0.8.1a.

from pyjamas.ui.RootPanel import RootPanel
from pyjamas.ui.Label import Label
from pyjamas.ui.FlowPanel import FlowPanel
from pyjamas import logging
if __name__ == '__main__':
    log
= logging.getConsoleLogger('RootPanel')
    flowPanel
= FlowPanel()
    flowPanel
.add(Label('item 1'))
    flowPanel
.add(Label('item 2'))
    flowPanel
.add(Label('item 3'))
    log
.debug('start of flowpanel')

for child in flowPanel.getChildren():
        log
.debug('  child is %s'%child)

RootPanel().add(flowPanel)

OUTPUT
DEBUG:RootPanel:start of flowpanel
index....he.html (line 38238)
DEBUG:RootPanel:  child is instance of pyjamas.ui.Label.Label
3
index....he.html (line 38238)

Grant Pitel

Jun 14, 2014, 8:44:19 AM6/14/14
to pyjs-...@googlegroups.com
I also wanted to mention I searched the existing issues and forums and could not find anything on this topic.

Grant Pitel

Jun 23, 2014, 12:06:05 AM6/23/14
to pyjs-...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday, June 14, 2014 8:44:19 AM UTC-4, Grant Pitel wrote:
I also wanted to mention I searched the existing issues and forums and could not find anything on this topic.

Wanted to apologize, FlowPanel is working fine. The behavior of Firebug has recently changed.  Firebug used to display all logged output, now it only displays unique output and displays the number of occurances.  I had grown so used to Firebug working certain way and I -- guess the change got the better of me.  Sorry.