SciPy 2015

Jason Moore

Mar 1, 2015, 10:58:38 PM3/1/15
to py...@googlegroups.com
I'm planning to submit a talk to SciPy about optimal control with the PyDy toolchain. I also got a request from the organizers to bring back our tutorial. Would anyone like to co-present the tutorial with me this year?

SciPy is an awesome conference, if you haven't been. Lots of great people and topics. I'm favoring it much more than PyCon now because it is a strong concentration of science mind folk.

Let me know if you are interested in participating.

We will get some money for giving the tutorial and you can apply for travel assistance.

James Crist

Mar 2, 2015, 10:48:26 AM3/2/15
to py...@googlegroups.com
I'm interested, but am unsure if I'll be able to make it this year. All depends on how my job search turns out. Put me down as a probably?

- Jim

TARUN GABA

Mar 3, 2015, 2:33:45 PM3/3/15
to py...@googlegroups.com
I am interested. Can apply for travel assistance as well.

- Tarun

Jason Moore

Mar 11, 2015, 7:42:05 PM3/11/15
to py...@googlegroups.com
Ok folks. We need help preparing the tutorial proposal for SciPy 2015. If you plan to participate, you should help improve the document. If you aren't coming we would still appreciate help so that we have a good chance of getting accepted.

The deadline is March 16. I will submit it the night of the 15th so all edits should be done by then.

Here is the current proposal with some material from last year as a starting point: https://github.com/pydy/pydy/wiki/SciPy-2015-Tutorial-Proposal

Also note that we will need to cut a release before the conference with at least all the viz bugs worked out.