Need help with Travis errors in PyDy

Nikhil Pappu

Mar 23, 2018, 2:25:32 AM3/23/18
to PyDy
I apologize if this is an elementary question but the Travis errors in PyDy have been bugging me.
I didn't have a problem like this in SymPy.

These are the pulls I made :

The first one is a fix.
The second one adds documentation. I don't see why a pull which adds documentation would not pass the Travis tests.

The Travis builds seem to have a lot of unrelated errors.
Can anyone explain what is wrong in these cases? Also, is there a good way to look for errors in your code from other errors?

Jason Moore

Mar 23, 2018, 12:23:47 PM3/23/18
to py...@googlegroups.com
Nikhil,

The travis errors are because updates to the various dependencies not break tests in SymPy. PyDy tests against the latest releases and the master branch of SymPy, all of which are failing. We need to submit a separate PR to fix these issues. I'm swamped in grading and then have to move houses this coming week, so I'm unlikely to get to it soon. Maybe you want to try to fix it?

Also, PyDy will not be in GSoC this year. PSF reject our application. You'll need to focus on submitting to SymPy.

Nikhil Pappu

Mar 23, 2018, 1:23:17 PM3/23/18
to py...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply Jason. It isn't about the patch requirement or anything. I already have a few patches in SymPy.
I was just bewildered because this was the first time I came across such a case.
I will submit my application to SymPy.
I have linked my proposal on the SymPy wiki quite a while ago and
asked for feedback on the mailing list but I did not get any feedback.

I understand that your schedule is very hectic but I would really appreciate it if you would provide some feedback
on my proposal over the weekend as the deadline is coming closer.