PyDy was not selected as a GSoC mentoring org

已查看 31 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Jason Moore

未读,
2015年3月2日 14:53:402015/3/2
收件人 py...@googlegroups.com
And even more sadly, SymPy wasn't.

We'll apply for some slots under the PSF as we have before.

Thanks for the effort from those who helped with the application.

Gilbert Gede

未读,
2015年3月4日 14:22:472015/3/4
收件人 py...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, it's really unfortunate. So many orgs that had been part of GSoC for years weren't accepted. When do they announce how many students each org gets?

Jason Moore

未读,
2015年3月4日 14:32:172015/3/4
收件人 py...@googlegroups.com
The # of slots is announced after the student's apply and the orgs then request the # slots they want.

Gilbert Gede

未读,
2015年3月4日 14:33:182015/3/4
收件人 py...@googlegroups.com
Ah, that's right. Well, hopefully it'll be a decent number of students at least.

Jason Moore

未读,
2015年3月4日 14:36:102015/3/4
收件人 py...@googlegroups.com
Well, we've submitted essentially the same application 3 years in a row. This year it was basically updated the day of the due date and submitted. If we want to be more competitive we need to revise early, get more participation in developing it, and build up our argument and presence. If we try again next year we should put in a better team effort.

FYI, the first year we submitted Google told us it was a great application and that we just lost the luck of the draw among many great applications. They didn't even have any feedback on what to improve. But the last two years, I'm sure other orgs have improved theirs.
回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子