GSoC 2015 Applicant

André Garnier Coutinho

Mar 27, 2015, 11:17:33 AM3/27/15
to py...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

My name is André Garnier Coutinho, a MEng student from University of São Paulo, Brazil, and I am currently working in the Mechanism Lab of my university under the supervision of Professor PhD Tarcisio A. H. Coelho.

I am working on the development of non-linear control laws for parallel mechanisms and specialized versions of Renato Orsino's method for the derivation of equations of motion of robotic platforms (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/pydy/F21ny08dvaA). Now I will work with Renato Orsino to implement my specialized versions of his method on SymPy so that it can be shared with Multibody Systems community.

Thank you for your attention.

André Garnier Coutinho

Jason Moore

Mar 27, 2015, 11:24:32 AM3/27/15
to py...@googlegroups.com
That sounds like a very cool idea. We'd likely love to have it in SymPy/PyDy.

There is just over 4 hours left to submit a proposal to Melange and you also are required to submit a pull request with a patch on Github to SymPy.. There are no late exceptions in Google's system.

See these instructions for more info:
I'd suggest this:

1. Get your application in to Melange as soon as possible. Have a look at other applications to see what people are doing.
2. You should apply to multiple orgs with the same application: PSF (SymPy), NumFOCUS (SymPy), PSF (PyDy). Make sure the title of you application reflects either SymPy or PyDy.
3. Pick an easy to fix bug in SymPy and submit a Pull Request for it. If you know Oliver, get him to help you if you haven't done this before. Or ask us questions here or on gitter.

Good luck!

Jason Moore

Mar 27, 2015, 11:34:34 AM3/27/15
to py...@googlegroups.com