End of GSoC and future developments

Sahil Shekhawat

Aug 24, 2015, 4:46:12 PM8/24/15
to PyDy
Hi everyone,

As all of you know GSoC has offically ended. It was an awesome experience for me as I learned a lot. Dynamic was my weak point and I improved a lot on it. I would like to give special thanks to Jason who always supported me when I was having trouble. I am looking forward to implement numeric and viz support to joints API and improve pydy-viz.

I am really excited to get my PRs merged. There are three of them left which needs to be reviewed and merged.

1. https://github.com/sympy/sympy/pull/9809 - All Joints , needs to be merged before any other PR.
2. https://github.com/sympy/sympy/pull/9835 - JoitnsMethod, after joints this needs to be reviewed and merged.
3. https://github.com/sympy/sympy/pull/9845 - examples, Finally this PRs.

Last two PRs cannot be further improved before merging first one since they are dependant on joint's implementation and if they change then it will increase the time.
If you guys can take some time out and review them it will be nice.

Thanks again,
Sahil Shekhawat

Jason Moore

Aug 25, 2015, 2:28:33 AM8/25/15
to py...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sahil for summing up the final PRs. We are also excited to get them merged.

Also, thanks for the hard work this summer. You've accomplished a lot, from fixing a ton of bugs for the 0.3.0 release and adding the new JointsMethod implementation which can be a foundation for constructing models via the GUI.

Please write up a summary blog post of your work this summer to close things out that includes a brief overview, what you did and didn't accomplish wrt to you original plans, what future plans are, what you learned during the summer, and any advice you may have for future students.

Finally, you likely need to fill out the final evaluation in the next couple of days. Make sure to fill that out on Melange to ensure you pass the second half.

We will work on reviewing the PRs so we can get them merged soon.

Congratulations on completing the GSoC program!

Shubham Gupta

Aug 30, 2015, 4:12:44 AM8/30/15
to PyDy
Hi ,
I am Shubham Gupta, Mechanical engineer, INDIA. I have been viewing the PyDy group for a small period of time since little ago. Now  I am into python also, & want to contribute to PyDy. Please tell me where & how to start. I have completed my Degree, & now want to jump into development of this kind .