PyDy GSoC 2015 Application

hoodedice

Mar 23, 2015, 8:17:30 PM3/23/15
to py...@googlegroups.com
Hello.

I'm Abdul Mujeeb, known as hoodedice on certain internet circles. I am an undergrad Cleveland State sophomore (second year) student majoring in Computer and Information Science. I have about two semesters of experience in java (not much, I know) and some beginner experience with python (used it to solve my physics homework). I have extensive experience of working in an open source environment, although I haven't contributed much in terms of actual code. I have some amount of experience with coding physics (I once imagined I could make a realistic racing game). However, I have no real background in physics, but I hope to learn whatever I need to know during the course of this project.

Jason Moore

Mar 24, 2015, 4:14:07 PM3/24/15
to py...@googlegroups.com
Abdul,

There are only 3 or 4 days left to complete and application for GSoC. You still have time but will need to complete the application and submit a patch to SymPy or PyDy.

See the instructions here: https://github.com/pydy/pydy/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code#for-students
On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 5:17 PM, hoodedice <hood...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello.

I'm Abdul Mujeeb, known as hoodedice on certain internet circles. I am an undergrad Cleveland State sophomore (second year) student majoring in Computer and Information Science. I have about two semesters of experience in java (not much, I know) and some beginner experience with python (used it to solve my physics homework). I have extensive experience of working in an open source environment, although I haven't contributed much in terms of actual code. I have some amount of experience with coding physics (I once imagined I could make a realistic racing game). However, I have no real background in physics, but I hope to learn whatever I need to know during the course of this project.

hoodedice

Mar 26, 2015, 5:53:24 PM3/26/15
to py...@googlegroups.com
I'm pulling my application back. There is a bit of paperwork that I overlooked, and the code is too expansive for me to submit a PR in less than one day. I will still hang around the PyDy project as a regular contributor though.

Jason Moore

Mar 26, 2015, 5:55:24 PM3/26/15
to py...@googlegroups.com
Ok, Abdul, sorry to hear that.

I'm happy to answer any questions if you want to try to put the application together in the limited remaining time. We could point you to an easy bug to fix, for example.