Talk materials

James Crist

Mar 11, 2015, 4:34:56 PM3/11/15
to py...@googlegroups.com
I gave a talk on the workflow today for a grad level topics in dynamics class. In case anyone wanted to see the materials:

Slides: https://speakerdeck.com/jcrist/python-for-the-dynamicist
Materials: https://github.com/jcrist/talks/tree/master/dynamics_talk
Demo: http://nbviewer.ipython.org/github/jcrist/talks/blob/master/dynamics_talk/dynamics_talk_demo.ipynb

I wasn't able to get the viz viewer to work, so I used a matplotlib animation instead. Less than ideal, but people still seemed overall enthused about the workflow.

Jason Moore

Mar 11, 2015, 5:04:01 PM3/11/15
to py...@googlegroups.com
Awesome Jim! Nice work.

We are going to get the master branch in shape very soon and cut a new release. We also need to learn from this. We don't have testing to ensure that the master branch works and we shouldn't merge in code that can't work with release dependencies in the future.

I've got two tutorials opportunities I'm working on. One is PyDy and another may be able to happen at Simon Frasier University. I'll let you all know soon.