Welcome Sahil Shekhawat, our GSoC intern!

Jason Moore

May 25, 2015, 4:43:04 PM5/25/15
to py...@googlegroups.com
Today is the start of this year's Google Summer of Code. I'd like to welcome Sahil, please make him feel at home. He'll be working to implement a high level abstraction that will allow users to construct models from bodies, joints, forces, and constraints. This will allow people to build a large set of models without dealing with the math oriented API that we currently have. It is also going to open the possibilities for having a interactive visual model builder in our GUI tools.

Sahil will be working full time from now till August 24th. Please give him as much support as you can through answering questions on email and chat and helping with code review on Github. I'd also love to see code submitted from many of our developers this summer. It would awesome to release a 0.4.0 at the end of the summer.

Congrats Sahil and welcome!

Sahil Shekhawat

Jun 2, 2015, 4:34:10 AM6/2/15
to py...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Jason, I am excited for the 0.4.0 release too and how much I can contribute to it. Its really awesome to work with you guys.