[ANN] patsy v0.4.0 released

Nathaniel Smith

Jul 21, 2015, 9:32:11 PM7/21/15
to pyd...@googlegroups.com, pystatsmodels
Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce the v0.4.0 release of patsy. The main
highlights of this release are that we now correctly handle data coded
using pandas's new (since v0.15.0) Categorical support, and that we
now publically expose much richer metadata about how a model is being
coded (see http://patsy.readthedocs.org/en/latest/API-reference.html#patsy.DesignInfo
for details). Aside from being useful in general, this sets us up to
hopefully provide full pickling support for patsy models in a future
release.

Patsy is a Python library for describing statistical models
(especially linear models, or models that have a linear component) and
building design matrices. Patsy brings the convenience of R "formulas"
to Python.

Changes: https://patsy.readthedocs.org/en/latest/changes.html#v0-4-0

General information: https://github.com/pydata/patsy/blob/master/README

Share and enjoy,
-n

--
Nathaniel J. Smith -- http://vorpus.org

Thomas Wiecki

Jul 22, 2015, 5:11:55 AM7/22/15
to pyd...@googlegroups.com, pystatsmodels
Congrats on another great release, Nathaniel. Thanks for closing yet another Python-to-R-gap.