fletcher32 checksum for hdf

Nick Eubank

Apr 9, 2017, 12:23:51 PM4/9/17
to pyd...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

I'm saving files with compression, and would like to make use of the fletcher32 checksum. It seems clear how to get a checksum computed when writing a file -- just pass `fletcher32=True` to `to_hdf()`.

Do I also need to do something when reading out a file to make sure the checksum is verified, or is it done automatically? I don't see anything about it in the `pd.read_hdf()` docs.

Thanks,

Nick

Francesc Alted

Apr 10, 2017, 3:30:10 AM4/10/17
to pyd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nick,

Yes, once the fletcher32 checksum is stored in the file, the HDF5 library will always will verify it while reading in a transparent way.

Francesc

Francesc Alted