Pandas Sprint at SciPy2015?

Jonathan Rocher

Jun 23, 2015, 10:51:36 PM6/23/15
to pyd...@googlegroups.com, Dharhas Pothina
Dear Pandas community,

SciPy2015 is fast approaching and sprint submissions are open. Many projects have already announced they will be there. As one of the most central packages in the Scientific Python ecosystem, we would like to encourage you to consider submitting a sprint. At this point, you would just need to identify a sprint lead and a very short description of the goals of a sprint.

Why?
As most of you already know, sprints are every time a great way to help push the development of our packages forward with many core devs and stake holders in one room. They are also a great pedagogical tool to help turn users into new contributors, hence making this community stronger. The reward to all of you, Pandas users, is equally exciting, with the ability to learn much more in depth how Pandas is organized, and how to fix or improve it for everyone's benefit.

Why submit now?
While sprints can be informal and organized at the last minute, submitting a sprint ahead of time will increase your sprint exposure to potential contributors because it will be listed on the website and give potential contributors time to think about things they can contribute to.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help make it a success or if you have any questions.

Hope to see many of you for this bbq fueled hackathon!
Dharhas Pothina and Jonathan Rocher

--
Jonathan Rocher, PhD
Scientific software developer