ANN: pandas v0.21.0rc1 - RELEASE CANDIDATE

Tom Augspurger

Oct 16, 2017, 12:30:06 PM10/16/17
to Tom Augspurger

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the availability of the first release candidate of pandas 0.21.0. Please try this RC and report any issues on the pandas issue tracker. We will be releasing 0.21.0 final in 1-2 weeks.

This is a major release from 0.20.3 and includes a number of API
changes, deprecations, new features, enhancements, and performance
improvements along with a large number of bug fixes. We recommend that
all users upgrade to this version.

Highlights include:

  • Integration with Apache Parquet,
    including a new top-level read_parquet function and
    DataFrame.to_parquet method, see here
  • New user-facing pandas.api.types.CategoricalDtype for specifying
    categoricals independent of the data, see
    here
  • The behavior of sum and prod on all-NaN Series/DataFrames is now
    consistent and no longer depends on whether
    bottleneck is installed,
    see here
  • Compatibility fixes for pypy, see here

Check the whatsnew for detailed changes, including backwards incompatible changes and deprecations. Please report any issues you find on the pandas issue tracker.

The release candidate can be installed with conda from our development channel (builds for osx-64, linux-64 and for Python 2.7, and Python 3.6 are all available):

conda install -c pandas pandas=0.21.0rc1

Or via PyPI

pip install --upgrade pip setuptools
pip install --pre --upgrade --upgrade-strategy=only-if-needed pandas

Tom