ANN: Bokeh 0.9.0 released

Damian Avila

May 18, 2015, 11:43:11 AM5/18/15
to Bokeh Discussion - Public
Hi all,

We are excited to announce the release of version 0.9.0 of Bokeh, an interactive web plotting library for Python... and other languages!
This release was focused into allow sophisticated interactions in static plots, a complete rewrite of the User guide and big BokehJS refactoring switching to use broswerify.

Some of the highlights are:

* Callback Action, serverless interactivity in static plots
* Hover inspection along lines
* Client side LOD downsampling for interactive tools
* Full User guide rewrite
* Reduce BokehJS boilerplate and switch to use browserify
* Several example bugfixes

See the CHANGELOG for full details.

If you are using Anaconda/miniconda, you can install with conda:

    conda install bokeh

or directly from our Binstar main channel with:

    conda install -c bokeh bokeh

Alternatively, you can install with pip:

    pip install bokeh

Developer builds are also now made available to get features in the hands of interested users more quickly. See the Developer Builds section in the documentation for more details.

BokehJS is also available by CDN for use in standalone Javascript applications:

Finally, BokehJS is also installable with the Node Package Manager at https://www.npmjs.com/package/bokehjs

Issues, enhancement requests, and pull requests can be made on the Bokeh Github page: https://github.com/bokeh/bokeh

Cheers.

--
Damián Avila
Continuum Analytics

Paul Hobson

May 18, 2015, 1:27:53 PM5/18/15
to pyd...@googlegroups.com, Bokeh Discussion - Public
Damian,

Congrats on the next release an thanks for the heads up. The pace at which bokeh is being developed and the improvements have been very exciting.

Quick question:
Does the version in the bokeh binstar channel differ from the default conda channel at all? Are those development builds?
-Paul

Damian Avila

May 19, 2015, 3:03:46 PM5/19/15
to Bokeh Discussion - Public, pyd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

Answering your question:

>Does the version in the bokeh binstar channel differ from the default conda channel at all? Are those development builds?

No, it should be the same... you will see that we upload the devel builds into the "dev" channel, but we upload the releases into the "main" channel (technically the packages are generated in different ways but should result in the same package, if you find some difference, please, let me know!!).

Cheers.