ANN: xarray v0.8 released

Stephan Hoyer

Aug 6, 2016, 4:08:20 PM8/6/16
to pyd...@googlegroups.com, xarray, PYAOS
I am pleased to announce the latest major release of xarray, version 0.8.

xarray (formerly xray) is an open source project and Python package that aims to bring the labeled data power of pandas to the physical sciences, by providing N-dimensional variants of the core pandas data structures.

Version 0.8.1, which includes a fix for a bug introduced by v0.8.0, is now available via pip and conda (via the conda-forge channel).

Highlights of this release:

- Dropped support for Python 2.6
- Improved support for indexing with MultiIndex
- Grouping by multi-dimensional variables
- where() with drop=True for dropping fully masked elements
- Top level merge() function
- Numerous bug fixes, especially for MultiIndex and plotting.

For more details, read the full release notes:

Contributors since v0.7.0:
Benoit Bovy
Christoph Deil
Dean Pospisil
Edward Richards
Fabien Maussion
Filipe Fernandes
Igor Babuschkin
Jeremy McGibbon
Joe Hamman
Maciek Swat
Maximilian Roos
Mike Graham
Phillip J. Wolfram
Rafael Guedes
Ryan Abernathey
Spencer Hill
Stephan Hoyer

If you're working on open source project that uses xarray and might be interesting to other xarray users, we'd love to hear about it! Our list currently 15 projects:
https://github.com/pydata/xarray/issues/946

Best,
Stephan