Tweaking seaborn graph from pandas DataFrame

Karthik Sharma

Jul 5, 2016, 9:04:07 AM7/5/16
to PyData
I am trying to plot the timeseries graph of internet traffic from 11 cities in Europe.

    # !/usr/bin/env python3.4
    # -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

    import pandas as pd
    import seaborn as sns
    import matplotlib.pyplot as plt

    df = pd.read_csv('internet-traffic-data-in-bits.csv')

    print(df.dtypes)

    bp = sns.tsplot([df.Internet_traffic_data_in_bits],color="indianred",)

    bp.set(xlabel='Date', ylabel='Internet Traffic Data (bits) in 11 European cities')

    plt.xticks(rotation=45)
    # plt.tight_layout()
    plt.show()

The graph that I get is shown here. http://i.stack.imgur.com/88Yfo.png

My questions is mainly about tweaking or beautifying the following graph.

1) I want the `date` to be marked more frequently on the x-axis.
2) I would prefer the Y-axis numbers to have 0.6x10^12 (or something similar) for each value rather than `1e12`  at the very top.
3) I am making calls to `matplotlib.pyplot` object on a couple of occassions. I would like to avoid it and deal directly with `seaborn` object

It would be great if someone could help me out.