ANN: Pandas v0.22.0 released

Tom Augspurger

Dec 31, 2017, 7:46:45 AM12/31/17
to panda...@python.org, pyd...@googlegroups.com, numpy-di...@scipy.org, python-ann...@python.org, scipy...@scipy.org
Hi all,

I'm happy to announce pandas 0.22.0 has been released.

This is a major release from 0.21.1 and includes a single, API-breaking change. We recommend that all users upgrade to this version after carefully reading the release note.

The only changes are:

  • The sum of an empty or all-NA Series is now 0
  • The product of an empty or all-NA Series is now 1
  • We’ve added a min_count parameter to .sum() and .prod() controlling the minimum number of valid values for the result to be valid. If fewer than min_count non-NA values are present, the result is NA. The default is 0. To return NaN, the 0.21 behavior, use min_count=1.

See the pandas 0.22.0 whatsnew overview for further explanation of all the places in the library this affects.

- Tom

---

What is it:

pandas is a Python package providing fast, flexible, and expressive data structures designed to make working with “relational” or “labeled” data both easy and intuitive. It aims to be the fundamental high-level building block for doing practical, real world data analysis in Python. Additionally, it has the broader goal of becoming the most powerful and flexible open source data analysis / manipulation tool available in any language.

How to get it:

Source tarballs and windows/mac/linux wheels are available on PyPI (thanks to Christoph Gohlke for the Windows wheels, and to Matthew Brett for setting up the Mac / Linux wheels).

Conda packages are available on the default and conda-forge channels.

Issues:

Please report any issues on our issue tracker: https://github.com/pydata/pandas/issues