How to connect to remote server using Spyder (Windows Version)

ShaunPy

Jul 30, 2015, 1:32:08 PM7/30/15
to PyData
hi Everybody,

I am new to python programming and have downloaded Anaconda on my company issued workstation. For my enterprise, I need to be able to connect to our UNIX Utility Server using Sypder (Windows Version), read-in data files, and execute the code and produce analysis reports on Windows OS. If i understand correctly, PyCharm is able to so the same, and I need to replicate similar functionality using Sypder. Can you please help me by sharing any code and advice on which libraries I will need to download? Appreciate your help in advance!

Thank you!

Andreas Hilboll

Jul 30, 2015, 1:57:14 PM7/30/15
to pyd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shaun,

it sounds like this question is not really depending on Spyder or
anything in your Python workflow at all. I would suggest connecting
using the regular filesystem utilities present on your Windows
workstation. The exact procedure of course depends on how your Unix
server is set up. If there's Samba installed, you can connect using
regular shared network drives in Windows Exporer; if not, maybe NFS is
the way to go.

But as I said, all this is totally independent of your Python data
analysis workflow.

Or do I misunderstand you?

--
-- Andreas.