Key PyCon Staff

Naomi Ceder

Oct 21, 2013, 9:43:39 PM10/21/13
to pycon-educa...@googlegroups.com
In my haste last night I sent this to Edu-Sig and not this list... ooops...

Here you go:

Here are the key players for PyCon organizing for your reference:

Diana Clark - PyCon Chair diana.jo...@gmail.com
Jesse Noller - Sponsorship jno...@gmail.com
Brian Curtin - publicity br...@python.org
Ewa Jodlowska - event coordinator jodlo...@gmail.com

These should be the key people we have to talk to. If they don't know they should be able to direct you to someone who does.

And of course, the overall staff list is at https://us.pycon.org/2014/about/staff/

But if you need to go to the organizers more generally, please just send it through me, and I'll direct it to the right folks.

Thanks,
Naomi

--
Naomi Ceder
https://plus.google.com/u/0/111396744045017339164/about

Jeff Elkner

Oct 22, 2013, 7:33:47 AM10/22/13
to Naomi Ceder, pycon-educa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Naomi,

Please let me know how you think I could be of most help.  We've got a talented and eager group of supporters (I was pretty blown away when we had 10+ show up to a planning meeting ;-)

My biggest interest, of course, is Python in the K12 / Community College space, since that's where I live.  "Python EDU", like "education" in general, is a broad term.  It specifically includes the following for us:

1. Advanced Python education for programming professionals.
2. Python as intro to programming for self learning beginners.
3. Python as in learning language in public education.

It would be great if we can find a way that folks from each of these interest areas (am I missing any?) can get something useful out of the summit.

Thanks!

jeff

--

---

Naomi Ceder

Oct 22, 2013, 6:23:54 PM10/22/13
to Jeff Elkner, pycon-educa...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Jeff. And thank you for stepping forward to help organize. I think that at our next meeting one order of business will be sorting out who owns what.

I believe we had that wide representation you describe last year, and I agree that we should maintain it this year. I think so far we have a pretty fair combination of those constituencies interested in helping with the conference. I would say that it should be a goal of our publicity to reach as wide a spectrum as we can.

As we go forward suggestions of both individuals to invite (invitations always accompanied by, "do you know of anyone else who would be interested?") as well as groups to contact will be appreciated.

Cheers,
Naomi