3D data grids as objects?

Eamonn Harvey

Jun 15, 2016, 12:12:27 PM6/15/16
to pyCloudy
Hi Christophe,

I am currently trying to edit pyCloudy to incorporate use of output from the 3D morpho-kinematical code SHAPE as the 3D object instead of defining them analytically, simply so I can test more 'complex' shapes. I have been looking at using a 3D version of meshgrid but was wondering if you had tried this before or would have any pointers? I am relatively new to python so even something basic would be helpful!

Kind regards,
Eamonn

Christophe Morisset

Jun 22, 2016, 12:58:04 PM6/22/16
to pyCloudy
Hi Eamonn,

The current version of pyCloudy is axy-simmetric, it only considers morphologies where a dependency in theta (equatorial angle) is defined, no phy (longitude) variations.
I cannot work on this right now, but the idea would be to add an effective Delaunay triangulation method. A draft version of this is already implemented, in pyCloudy.3d.model_3d._get_interp_tri, but I never finished it...
In any case, you will need to run quite a lot of models to reach a decent spatial resolution. I'm actually doing this in an axy-simmetric model and use 180 1D-models to feed the 3D model.
We can try to work on this in September, contact me at that time.
Christophe

Eamonn Harvey

Jun 24, 2016, 7:36:02 AM6/24/16
to pyCloudy
Great thanks very much, I will look into this further in the mean time. I will be in Mexico city end of August / start of September as I am observing at San Pedro Martir around then and flying in and out of the capital, so we could possibly meet for a coffee and a chat if you're about?

I will contact you closer to September regardless,
Eamonn