running pycloudy

tonetty

Jun 26, 2013, 6:35:29 AM6/26/13
to pycl...@googlegroups.com
please, could you help me with my installation of pycloudy?

I attach two screenshot showing what I find when I'm trying to run pycloudy

I'm using a 64 bit asus pc with a linux MINT 13 Maya distribution

thank you

PS: where should I put pyneb in order to work together with pycloudy?

my cloudy..pycloudy ...pyneb..tree is something like this

home...........cloudy
...................pyneb

then inside the cloudy folder (c13.00_rc1) Im have the folder pyCloudy-0.8.33

help1.png
help2.png

Mairan Teodoro

Jun 26, 2013, 10:07:25 AM6/26/13
to pycl...@googlegroups.com
Hi tonnety,

I'm running PyCloudy on Mac OS X 10.8.4 and got the same error message as you when running the test1.py sample code.

However, I was able to run the other 2 sample codes (test2.py and test_3D1.py) with no error messages. I think you should do the same, just to check if the problem is only with test1.py.

Hopefully, someone will point us what the problem is.

m.

Christophe Morisset

Jun 26, 2013, 10:23:40 AM6/26/13
to pycl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There was a tipo in the test1.py program you downloaded from the pyCloudy site. It is now corrected (the correct file test1.py is version 9) and you can download it from:

You can also correct the bug by hand directly in the file. Edit the line 110 which was:
plt.loglog(Mod.get_cont_x(unit='Ang'), Mod.get_cont_y(cont = 'net_trans', unit = 'Jy'), label = 'Net Trans')
and correct the value of the cont variable to 'ntrans', like this:
plt.loglog(Mod.get_cont_x(unit='Ang'), Mod.get_cont_y(cont = 'ntrans', unit = 'Jy'), label = 'Net Trans')

Sorry for this mistake,
Christophe

Mairan Teodoro

Jun 26, 2013, 10:43:19 AM6/26/13
to pycl...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

That solved the problem.

Thanks Christophe for the help!

m.

tonetty

Jul 4, 2013, 11:54:33 AM7/4/13
to pycl...@googlegroups.com
thank you...now it works!

anyway, how can I force pycloudy to work with pyneb?  is only a matter of where to install both softwares?  or should I create or modify some environment variable?

  antonio tegon

Christophe Morisset

Jul 4, 2013, 12:35:46 PM7/4/13
to pycl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Both PyNeb and pyCloudy are python packages, so you can import both
without any problems:

import pyneb as pn
import pyCloudy as pc

Christophe