PASSWORD_UNKNOWN_VALIDATION when attempting to change password

Alberto Zeledon

Dec 29, 2011, 7:33:20 AM12/29/11
to pwm-general
Hello everyone, when a regular user attpts to change their password I
get the following error...

4037 PASSWORD_UNKNOWN_VALIDATION (error setting password for user
'cn=TestPWUser,ou=CANADA,o=cpc''
com.novell.ldapchai.exception.ChaiPasswordPolicyException: nmas error
-1697)

The password change works fine for a user with tree admin rights...

Any ideas??

Menno Pieters

Dec 31, 2011, 3:09:57 PM12/31/11
to pwm-g...@googlegroups.com

Are the proxy user and the user TestPWUser able to read the NMAS password policy for the user? Or are you using PWM for the password policy, which may differ from the eDirectory policy?

- Menno

Any ideas??

Alberto Zeledon

Jan 3, 2012, 9:54:54 AM1/3/12
to pwm-general
I figured out that not all users were subjected to the password
policies nor universal password in eDirectory, therefore the NMAS was
failing for those users not yet added to Universal Password.
solution: Added ALL tree users to Universal Password, thus password
policies applied to the users.
Thanks for your help.