[GAME] Atomix demake

piotrekli

Oct 7, 2017, 11:11:29 AM10/7/17
to PuzzleScript
This is a demake of Atomix (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomix_(video_game)) with levels from KAtomic (https://www.kde.org/applications/games/katomic/) I created in 2016. Use X to select an atom. Connect all the atoms to win.

http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=860d3d819ebe5b76c87dd84d6397398a

Stephen Lavelle

Oct 7, 2017, 11:16:34 AM10/7/17
to piotrekli, PuzzleScript
I find moving around individual atoms to be a bit of a chore. not sure how I'd fix it.  Maybe have a cursor that passively pushes around the element its over when you press a direction (I don't know if that would break any levels).

On Sat, Oct 7, 2017 at 4:11 PM, piotrekli <piotr...@gmail.com> wrote:
This is a demake of Atomix (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomix_(video_game)) with levels from KAtomic (https://www.kde.org/applications/games/katomic/) I created in 2016. Use X to select an atom. Connect all the atoms to win.

http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=860d3d819ebe5b76c87dd84d6397398a

Alan Hazelden

Oct 7, 2017, 11:58:11 AM10/7/17
to Stephen Lavelle, piotrekli, PuzzleScript
I agree, basic movement is pretty awkward. I think it would be an improvement if the cursor moved with the atom you're moving. Possibly with you staying grabbed on until you toggle it off.

Also you want to use the norepeat_action prelude command.

Sidenote: you created these levels? I'm sure I remember the first level from KAtomic back in 2014, but I don't recognise the others. I'm not a fan of Atomix, but for context here's a levelpack I designed: http://blog.draknek.org/post/93360531842/if-i-wanted-to-clone-atomix-this-is-where-id

piotrekli

Oct 7, 2017, 12:09:06 PM10/7/17
to PuzzleScript
W dniu sobota, 7 października 2017 17:58:11 UTC+2 użytkownik Alan Hazelden napisał:
> I agree, basic movement is pretty awkward. I think it would be an improvement if the cursor moved with the atom you're moving. Possibly with you staying grabbed on until you toggle it off.
>

> Also you want to use the norepeat_action prelude command.
>

> Sidenote: you created these levels? I'm sure I remember the first level from KAtomic back in 2014, but I don't recognise the others. I'm not a fan of Atomix, but for context here's a levelpack I designed: http://blog.draknek.org/post/93360531842/if-i-wanted-to-clone-atomix-this-is-where-id
>

> On 7 October 2017 at 16:16, Stephen Lavelle <anal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I find moving around individual atoms to be a bit of a chore. not sure how I'd fix it.  Maybe have a cursor that passively pushes around the element its over when you press a direction (I don't know if that would break any levels).
>

> On Sat, Oct 7, 2017 at 4:11 PM, piotrekli <piotr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a demake of Atomix (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomix_(video_game)) with levels from KAtomic (https://www.kde.org/applications/games/katomic/) I created in 2016. Use X to select an atom. Connect all the atoms to win.
>

> http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=860d3d819ebe5b76c87dd84d6397398a
>

> --

> --

No, they are from KAtomic.

I'll try to change the atom movement.

piotr...@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2017, 12:17:37 PM10/7/17
to PuzzleScript

piotr...@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2017, 3:24:31 PM10/7/17
to PuzzleScript
And a version where the moved atom stays selected after moving it.
http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=ae6c42efbca99fca5100dd9b1c9913ad

Stephen Lavelle

Oct 7, 2017, 4:12:24 PM10/7/17
to piotrekli, PuzzleScript
could you try have pressing x cycle between atoms?

On Sat, Oct 7, 2017 at 8:24 PM, <piotr...@gmail.com> wrote:
And a version where the moved atom stays selected after moving it.
http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=ae6c42efbca99fca5100dd9b1c9913ad

Stephen Lavelle

Oct 7, 2017, 4:13:42 PM10/7/17
to piotrekli, PuzzleScript
yay i completed level 2 with the newer version. much more fun :)