[GAME] Cooking Game

Nathan Pinsker

Dec 31, 2016, 1:35:59 PM12/31/16
to PuzzleScript
I made a 2D demake of Stephen's Sausage Roll in PuzzleScript!

http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=0fbf7d157dc5e0e3907ff095965d3597

Stephen Lavelle

Dec 31, 2016, 2:11:35 PM12/31/16
to Nathan Pinsker, PuzzleScript
:D

I feel that tweaking the colour palette might make things more readable, if you want that.  Have you tried making any levels of your own for it?

On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 6:35 PM, Nathan Pinsker <npin...@gmail.com> wrote:
I made a 2D demake of Stephen's Sausage Roll in PuzzleScript!

http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=0fbf7d157dc5e0e3907ff095965d3597

James ah ha

Dec 31, 2016, 3:02:31 PM12/31/16
to PuzzleScript

I am sorry   I    Do   Not    Have    Clue    what is going on nor what I should do.

Nathan Pinsker

Dec 31, 2016, 3:33:22 PM12/31/16
to PuzzleScript, npin...@gmail.com
I played around with the color palette and added a few new visual cues, per your suggestion. New version is here: http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=34d3706c3a3168425cefcd6116c06804

I also added an original level to this one! I thought these mechanics were already well-explored in the actual game, which is why I just mostly reused existing levels.

Also -- is there an easy way in PuzzleScript to do an "execute this rule once and before anything happens"? It's not a must-have, but it would be super nice to be able to run some initialization code. For instance, the sausages are sort of "filled in" between turn 1 and turn 2, when I'd want them to appear that way starting at turn 1.

Nathan

On Saturday, December 31, 2016 at 11:11:35 AM UTC-8, Stephen Lavelle wrote:
:D

I feel that tweaking the colour palette might make things more readable, if you want that.  Have you tried making any levels of your own for it?
On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 6:35 PM, Nathan Pinsker <npin...@gmail.com> wrote:
I made a 2D demake of Stephen's Sausage Roll in PuzzleScript!

http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=0fbf7d157dc5e0e3907ff095965d3597

Stephen Lavelle

Dec 31, 2016, 4:18:26 PM12/31/16
to Nathan Pinsker, PuzzleScript
>Also -- is there an easy way in PuzzleScript to do an "execute this rule once and before anything happens"?

Stephen Lavelle

Dec 31, 2016, 4:23:43 PM12/31/16
to Nathan Pinsker, PuzzleScript
i find it easier to read with more detailed grill graphics, fwiw

http://www.puzzlescript.net/editor.html?hack=bc403878e18bbff00896fb67bb92188d

Stephen Lavelle

Dec 31, 2016, 4:24:15 PM12/31/16
to Nathan Pinsker, PuzzleScript
(also, the 'lost' messages are maybe not a great idea? also an indicator on the ground as to where the starting/exit point is might be nice)

Nathan Pinsker

Dec 31, 2016, 4:36:34 PM12/31/16
to Stephen Lavelle, PuzzleScript
Ooh I like that, it looks so much better! :D

--
-Nathan

Stephen Lavelle

Dec 31, 2016, 10:10:36 PM12/31/16
to Nathan Pinsker, PuzzleScript

edderiofer

Jan 1, 2017, 11:11:34 AM1/1/17
to PuzzleScript, anal...@gmail.com
With all of these updates, you should probably get yourself a permanent URL. That way, not only can you update the game without you having to post another URL here, but players' save data will be remembered.

Anyway, I think two of the levels here are new. The last level was a lot more tedious than the rest.

Also, there seem to be some bugs when one half of a sausage is burnt; the cooked half just seems to detach from the burnt half. Yes, the player has indeed lost, but they may still wish to experiment with their broken solution.

I also agree that the cooked sausages should be darker than the raw ones.
-Nathan

Nathan Pinsker

Jan 1, 2017, 2:24:01 PM1/1/17
to edderiofer, PuzzleScript, Stephen Lavelle
Thanks for the tip. I got a permanent url here so now I can stop spamming this thread :)

-Nathan

Connorses

Apr 8, 2017, 11:02:16 PM4/8/17
to PuzzleScript
Really well done. Especially if you've played Sausage Roll before, otherwise you'll probably burn it. haha. It's hard to see what's going on if the game is 2D.