Switching between players

hunterja...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2015, 7:09:43 PM4/11/15
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com
Can someone post a rule that shows how to switch controls between 2 players?

Alex Baines

Apr 11, 2015, 8:23:59 PM4/11/15
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com
Here, I made a simple example for switching between 2 players:

http://www.puzzlescript.net/editor.html?hack=09700f399310bbfcfb69

Basically it puts an Inactive object on the player you're not
controlling, and stops any players marked inactive from moving.

There might be a better way of doing it, this is just what came to mind.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

chocolate...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2015, 8:32:45 AM9/22/15
to PuzzleScript
Hey this is really good but what happens if you have two different sprites/characters? How do you just swap control and not swap the sprites?

Chris Pickel

Sep 22, 2015, 8:45:14 AM9/22/15
to chocolate...@gmail.com, PuzzleScript
It’s probably easiest if you have two different objects for active and inactive players. You can make them look the same if you want, but I think a visual cue is nice.

See the Heroes of Sokoban games for an example, e.g.:
On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 9:32 PM <chocolate...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey this is really good but what happens if you have two different sprites/characters? How do you just swap control and not swap the sprites?

Chris Pickel

Sep 22, 2015, 8:56:17 AM9/22/15
to chocolate...@gmail.com, PuzzleScript

chocolate...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2015, 6:26:32 PM9/22/15
to PuzzleScript
Super useful thanks Chris!

Connorses

Sep 23, 2015, 2:29:46 PM9/23/15
to PuzzleScript
For a much more complex system of up to 3 players look at "Heroes of Sokoban".

kevin....@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2015, 11:32:39 AM10/11/15
to PuzzleScript
Le mercredi 23 septembre 2015 20:29:46 UTC+2, Connorses a écrit :
> For a much more complex system of up to 3 players look at "Heroes of Sokoban".
>
> On Saturday, April 11, 2015 at 5:09:43 PM UTC-6, PROJECT H GAMES wrote:Can someone post a rule that shows how to switch controls between 2 players?

Ok well... I tried to answer this topic as an exercise, others have published much better answers I guess, but here is my little puzzle (exercise about player switching and mass moving) : http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=dcb2432bd3a0fa1be56d

As I discover this, well it really is simple and fun to prototype stuff with puzzlescript! hurray!