[Wip] Flower Dance

tudd ster

Apr 29, 2015, 5:18:50 PM4/29/15
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com
A little variation on the "Tilt Maze" style of puzzle game... I'll let you figure it out.

Enjoy.

Connorses _

Apr 30, 2015, 12:39:27 AM4/30/15
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com
I beat it pretty quickly but learning how the mechanics work was still really satisfying. I like it! The little flower graphics are nice. :3

Alan Hazelden

Apr 30, 2015, 4:56:20 AM4/30/15
to Connorses _, puzzle...@googlegroups.com
I couldn't beat the last section. I thought I got the trick and after that point there was a simple rule to decide what to do - but maybe not?

Nigel Scott

Apr 30, 2015, 5:29:06 PM4/30/15
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com
Nice to see a "big" screen game for a change. Would it be possible to animate the 'ball'? It took me a while to work out what as happening...

tudd ster

Apr 30, 2015, 9:45:15 PM4/30/15
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com, onr...@gmail.com
On Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 4:56:20 AM UTC-4, Alan Hazelden wrote:
I couldn't beat the last section. I thought I got the trick and after that point there was a simple rule to decide what to do - but maybe not?

That part's a lot harder than the rest, yea. Is the simple rule you're thinking of this? (Spoiler in gif) http://imgur.com/J2JHZrg

I discovered the simple rule accidentally halfway through the level design and, frankly, don't like it that much.

The last stage is solvable with the trick though. Sigh. Oops. Back to the drawing board?

On Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 5:29:06 PM UTC-4, Nigel Scott wrote:
Nice to see a "big" screen game for a change. Would it be possible to animate the 'ball'? It took me a while to work out what as happening...
I really, REALLY wanted that in as well, haha. Blame getting lost in the rule system. Making the player emit flowers and then having the flowers grow into full plants on the next turn... is harder than it sounds (or maybe I'm just approaching it wrong?) ...I think, if I added trails to the player, it would trigger another "turn" for every frame they animate, which would also grow the flowers, and I don't want that for sure. Help?

Hand-E-Food

Jul 1, 2015, 12:46:25 AM7/1/15
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com
Very clever little game!  I was stumped on the last section until I saw your hint.  For a while I was convinced I had to rig the level by making barriers between the start and first checkpoint.

Stephen Lavelle

Jul 1, 2015, 3:56:50 AM7/1/15
to Hand-E-Food, puzzle...@googlegroups.com
Oh, I just played this and enjoyed it.  Nice level design! Good work! :)