Sprite editor

Xavier Direz

May 12, 2017, 10:37:50 AM5/12/17
to PuzzleScript
I just made a small sprite editor for puzzlescript. There are probably some much more advanced ones out there but I share it anyway in case someone found it usefull:

Features:

- Working on a spritesheet of any size
- Pick up a pixel color by right-clicking on it
- Manage your color palette (add, delete, change a color)
- Each color is indexed: when you change it in the color palette all associated pixels are changing accordingly.
- In the same way, deleting a color in the palette will erase all associated pixels
- Changing the main background color to see how your sprite look on different backgrounds or to avoid working grey on grey
- Export to puzzlescript sprite format

I did not make import feature yet.

Tell me if you think of some possible enhancement or bugfix or if you found it usefull.

Hand-E-Food

May 13, 2017, 6:39:00 AM5/13/17
to PuzzleScript
Very nice!  I'm bookmarking this.

Feature requests, in order of importance to me:
  • Drag drawing.  When you click and drag the mouse, it should colour in all pixels the mouse crosses.
  • Import sprites. Take the sprites in order regardless of name.  Consolidate the colours into a palette.  Present the sprite.
  • Other colour formats, such as a name like blue and three-digit colour codes like #C84.

Xavier Direz

May 13, 2017, 4:29:39 PM5/13/17
to PuzzleScript
Thanks :)

I added the drag drawing feature.

I'm currently searching for the best loading process to keep the interface straightforward.
Stay tuned ^^

Xavier Direz

May 15, 2017, 11:33:27 AM5/15/17
to PuzzleScript
I just added the import feature (if it doesn't appear, ctrl+F5 the editor page) :

- You can import a list of sprites of different dimensions. Each sprite will be imported with the size of the largest one. The spritesheet generated is always square so its completed with empty sprites.
- If a sprite does not include data, its filled with its first color
- If you import a sprite list where there is no sprite with data, I assume that they are puzzlescript 5x5 sprites
- Importing colors formated as "blue" or "#ccc" should work. But all the colors are still managed as #cccccc for the moment since the color picker I'm using only support that. I will try to modify it later.

Tell me if you encounter some problem with it, I could have forgot something.

Hand-E-Food

Jun 6, 2017, 8:51:10 AM6/6/17
to PuzzleScript
It worked well for me today.  Nice work!

The only further nice-to-have feature request I have is support for touch.

elwood...@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2017, 11:13:49 PM6/9/17
to PuzzleScript
If you guys dig a little or search for png2ps I have a program that coverts .png files into puzzlescript. So you can use your favorite image editing programs and just import.