Re: [GAME] [CAN] Plug and Play Games: _ _ _ _ _ . _ _ _ _ _ _ . _ _ _ . _ _ _ . _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ . _ _ _ _ _ _

Alan Hazelden

Oct 18, 2017, 1:32:22 PM10/18/17
to cphi...@blastworksinc.com, PuzzleScript
Oh gosh there is a lot of text here.

Can I suggest you maybe move the intro text into a separate HTML file which embeds or links to the game at the bottom? It would make it much much easier to read and less tedious as an introduction - as it is I was left wondering "when will this end" rather than enjoying the weirdness.

I got to the fireballs but kept running in to them accidentally: it might be less frustrating if there was a checkpoint just before that, rather than redo the previous box-pushing.

Hope that feedback is useful! Good job making it, it seems like you put a lot of work in!

On 18 October 2017 at 10:36, <cphi...@blastworksinc.com> wrote:
I'm keeping the name secret until you click the game. It's kind of untitled, in my mind, but I did title it ...

I'm keeping this project open source. View here:   https://github.com/ColtonPhillips/prepuzz
Warning, there is no documentation for the compiler, and few comments.

This game was made in Victoria BC by myself, Colton Phillips, and various other credits to Brandon Duncan, Adam Caflisch, and Rose Dubord Goulet, (And Even helped...)
ahha!

http://www.coltonphillips.ca/orcajam2017

Don't focus too much on the story really, but try to pay attention to some of the Control explanations otherwise it may be frustrating. This software is presented "as is" in an unfinished form.

Controls:

Movement: ASDW
Rotate: Left Right
Action: Space
Restart: R

Goal:

1) Move every colorful flat cube onto every dark black rotating rectangle on the floor.
2) Move onto the stairs to exit the level

cphi...@blastworksinc.com

Oct 18, 2017, 2:05:28 PM10/18/17
to PuzzleScript
Hi all.

I appreciate the feedback but i accidentally posted this post with my work account which I do not wish to do!!! :/

Can someone please delete the post. I'll happily repost after that. In fact I will incorporate some changes as per suggestions above.... but please delete the post. .. cheers!!

Colton Phillips

Oct 18, 2017, 2:10:12 PM10/18/17
to PuzzleScript
are checkpoints even possible in PS, which restart the game to the state in which you reached the check point?

Or do they just bring the player to that spot but don't reset anything in the level??

Cheers

Colton Phillips
QA Engineer
Blastworks Inc.