Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

CHz

no leída,
20 sept 2015, 3:22:2020/9/15
a PuzzleScript

Here's a quick demake of Dharma Dojo, a Japanese-only game that was originally released for the arcade and later refined a bit for the SNES. Nothing too deep or complex, but its manipulation flow is kinda unique and I have a bit of a soft spot for it.

Full instructions are in the game, though the GIF may get the gist across pretty well.

Stephen Lavelle

no leída,
20 sept 2015, 10:30:1820/9/15
a CHz,PuzzleScript
i like the metaphor.

bug : if you press x and you're next to the wall, the game stalls unless you press undo

anna anthropy

no leída,
20 sept 2015, 11:43:5120/9/15
a PuzzleScript,plasm...@gmail.com
this is neat! looking up the original game, it's also really neat! it makes me wonder if flipull could be implemented in puzzlescript. they seem like similar games.

Hand-E-Food

no leída,
20 sept 2015, 18:23:4920/9/15
a PuzzleScript
Having never seen the original, I like this!  It's not too hard once you work out a system, but that in itself takes some effort.

CHz

no leída,
20 sept 2015, 19:03:4920/9/15
a PuzzleScript
Thanks for the plays!

@Stephen: Oops. Quick fix there, thanks for the catch!

@anna: I think it'd be possible! Off the top of my head I think the hardest part would be checking there's only one block of each type left, which'd be annoying but doable.

Alan Hazelden

no leída,
20 sept 2015, 22:15:4220/9/15
a CHz,PuzzleScript
Control suggestion: I'd like it if pressing left did the same thing as pressing X. Maybe also pushing right to go down?

When I die, I feel like the piece that kills me should probably be visible still, rather than disappearing when it explodes.

Feels a bit weird to me that I die when a piece reaches the top row, rather than when it gets pushed upwards and there's no space for it. But I assume this stuff is just how the original did it.

Se ha eliminado el mensaje

CHz

no leída,
21 sept 2015, 0:30:5221/9/15
a PuzzleScript,plasm...@gmail.com
Yeah, left to hammer sounds good. Right to drop down I'm not entirely sure about, but I don't really have an argument against it besides "feels unbalanced if left doesn't move you up."

The main reason I didn't have death being a block entering the ceiling is that it then becomes possible for the player to be pushed up into the ceiling, which made some weird stuff happen. But in the original game, death is blocks going into the ceiling, and I just implemented that and I think I like it. I'll think about it a little more but I think I'll keep it.

None of the blocks explode when they hit the top, but they may be covered up by the overlay; the X in particular can disappear completely. But what I can do is just leave anything that hits the top uncovered. How do you think this looks?

Chris Pickel

no leída,
21 sept 2015, 1:07:0121/9/15
a anna anthropy,PuzzleScript,plasm...@gmail.com
Did Flipull, it was fun:
http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=411db63412afb39f8c41

Checking that there’s only one of something left isn’t hard if you use “random”. A random rule only applies once, so you can do something like “random [X] -> [Only X]” and check “all X on Only”.

exciting-squares.gif

CHz

no leída,
21 sept 2015, 3:03:1121/9/15
a PuzzleScript
Nice! Using the win condition is a lot better than my idea, I was thinking of putting a token on every block of one type, randomly removing one, and then checking if there were any tokens left.

Connorses

no leída,
23 sept 2015, 14:37:1623/9/15
a PuzzleScript
Looking at this it seems suspiciously similar to Zoop. :L

anna anthropy

no leída,
24 sept 2015, 18:36:0324/9/15
a PuzzleScript
all games are, on some level, ultimately zoop.

anna anthropy

no leída,
24 sept 2015, 18:36:2524/9/15
a PuzzleScript
btw has anyone made puzzlescript zoop yet

Chris Pickel

no leída,
24 sept 2015, 21:19:4724/9/15
a anna anthropy,PuzzleScript
http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=ac7004c13d053d9f8c6a

As far as I’ll get; this one wasn’t so fun to work on. Puzzlescript properties aren’t easy to apply orthogonally, and Zoop needs much more of that. Rules like this:
[BlockColorA] [PlayerColorBDirection}] -> [BlockColorB] [PlayerColorADirection]
Need to be written out for each combination of color A, B, and direction (4 * 3 * 4 = 48) unless you start implementing properties as separate objects.

Stephen Lavelle

no leída,
25 sept 2015, 6:48:4525/9/15
a Chris Pickel,anna anthropy,PuzzleScript
norepeat_action, chris!

Connorses

no leída,
10 oct 2015, 19:23:4010/10/15
a PuzzleScript

On Sunday, September 20, 2015 at 1:22:20 AM UTC-6, CHz wrote:

anna anthropy

no leída,
12 oct 2015, 3:15:0712/10/15
a PuzzleScript