跳至第一个未读帖子

jack.l...@gmail.com

未读,
2016年6月12日 10:39:032016/6/12
收件人 PuzzleScript
On the rigitdity page here:
http://www.puzzlescript.net/Documentation/rigidbodies.html

It says
"To my knowledge (please prove me wrong!) it's impossible to get full rigidity in the basic rules system already described"

Someone took this challenge here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/puzzlescript/rigidity/puzzlescript/LvKcPQ-KI18/e0DbpplZoAkJ
but it still doesn't work in some cases.

Here is my attempt at making rigidity:
http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=45a14244d3d80fc288adba2b5b8bf42b
This works even if there are multiple players, and also allows for an arbitrarily large amount of boxes without adding any more rules.

Stephen Lavelle

未读,
2016年6月12日 16:39:182016/6/12
收件人 Jack Lance、PuzzleScript

jack.l...@gmail.com

未读,
2016年6月12日 17:22:542016/6/12
收件人 PuzzleScript、jack.l...@gmail.com
Ooh I see.

Fixed (I think?):
http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=a0207869ba37ddcc3593bb3b9844b38c

Surprisingly, I didn't actually change the rules at all! Only the objects and legend sections are different.

Stephen Lavelle

未读,
2016年6月12日 17:36:442016/6/12
收件人 Jack Lance、PuzzleScript
what if all the movements aren't in the same direction?

(forces one of the players to move up, the other left - I removed run_rules_on_level start so you can trigger it yourself)

jack.l...@gmail.com

未读,
2016年6月12日 18:13:312016/6/12
收件人 PuzzleScript、jack.l...@gmail.com
Hmmmm.

It's an interesting question, because I don't think it's possible to fix that problem even theoretically.

What should be the expected outcome in the scenario you gave? Should the up-goer push one piece, and then the left-goer push the other? Should the left goer push both pieces? Should the piece being pushed by both move in both directions? Should no piece move at all? It seems to me like there's no obvious outcome.

Stephen Lavelle

未读,
2016年6月12日 21:12:162016/6/12
收件人 Jack Lance、PuzzleScript
>What should be the expected outcome in the scenario you gave?

It depends on what order the movements are resolved in - so it's kind of crappy behaviour to invoke in any game.  But even the regular collision engine has weird cases like that, for instance [ > object | | < object ] has no theoretically nice resolution really - you just gotta pick one and give it priority (at least that's how puzzlescript does it).

Regardless, whatever should happen, what *shouldn't* happen is that things break up, we can all agree on that right?

jack.l...@gmail.com

未读,
2016年6月13日 13:44:082016/6/13
收件人 PuzzleScript、jack.l...@gmail.com
Yeah, I agree.

You could have all players move separately, but it's also fine when players moving in the same direction move together, so here's a fix in which that happens and all directions go one after another (Like in the game Perfect Paths).
http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=b5b9c318e4a8412bfb08c321052d958c

回复全部
回复作者
转发