Time stopp

Ian Fights

Jan 9, 2018, 6:24:00 PM1/9/18
to PuzzleScript
So... This is a game. Well, no. This is a tutorial. I wanted to get some feedback as to weather the game had good mechanics, and if the tutorial works.

Alan Hazelden

Jan 9, 2018, 7:02:07 PM1/9/18
to Ian Fights, PuzzleScript
Yeah this seems to teach everything well enough.

Interaction-wise I think I'd like to be able to move the cursor through non-pickupable objects. It's awkward having to take the longest path around things when I'm not holding anything. Make it a different cursor when it can pick something up vs not.

On 10 January 2018 at 10:23, Ian Fights <ianfi...@gmail.com> wrote:
So... This is a game. Well, no. This is a tutorial. I wanted to get some feedback as to weather the game had good mechanics, and if the tutorial works.

Hand-E-Food

Jan 10, 2018, 12:42:26 AM1/10/18
to PuzzleScript
Yeah, that works.  The tutorial is the correct length.

I felt I didn't get the feel of how water and crates interact at first. I think this explains it better:

~~~~~~.
.0.0...
g0000e.
pbbbbbc

I agree that not being able to move the empty cursor through grey spots is annoying.

Keep at it.  This'll be good!

Jamie Perconti

Jan 11, 2018, 3:13:44 PM1/11/18
to Hand-E-Food, PuzzleScript
Good tutorial levels, but the sounds are a bit over-the-top. Moving stuff around in stopped time feels like it shouldn't make noise to me.

Jamie

,

Ian Fights

Ian Fights

Jan 12, 2018, 5:11:22 PM1/12/18
to PuzzleScript
I agree with the new level, so I've added it to the game. Do you want credit for this?

Hand-E-Food

Jan 12, 2018, 10:17:04 PM1/12/18
to PuzzleScript
Nah.  It's just friendly input.  It's still your baby.  :-)

Ian Fights

Jan 13, 2018, 9:53:09 PM1/13/18
to PuzzleScript
I added A LEVEL! I also modified a tutorial level to introduce a new mechanic. (btw, I'm probably going to be developing the entire game in this thread, although ill stop mentioning every change. I might post another thread when its done)

Ian Fights

Jan 14, 2018, 1:37:06 AM1/14/18
to PuzzleScript
New graphical style! What do you think? (Sorry for flooding...)