[Game] Dinosaur Love Story

jack.l...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2016, 6:56:26 PM8/8/16
to PuzzleScript
I don't know how I haven't put this here yet, but here's a game three friends and I made at a hackathon a couple of years ago:

http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=b6bd3eea22086318f5e7

and if you enjoyed it, here's some more puzzles for it I made a few months afterward:

http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=22e7570761497c4b417c1883ad112dbd

Hand-E-Food

Aug 8, 2016, 11:34:19 PM8/8/16
to PuzzleScript, jack.l...@gmail.com
That was good, particularly the reflection levels!  That sudden "Ah-ha!" moment on the last level made for a great finish.

Hoboken Pudding

Sep 2, 2016, 1:09:38 PM9/2/16
to PuzzleScript, jack.l...@gmail.com
Nice little game. Cool, challenging progression.

Stephen Lavelle

Sep 2, 2016, 2:04:26 PM9/2/16
to Hoboken Pudding, PuzzleScript, Jack Lance
Having gotten stuck mid-way through the first time I tried it, I gave it another go, and was quite charmed (and went through the rest of the game quite smoothly)

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 6:09 PM, Hoboken Pudding <hoboken...@gmail.com> wrote:
Nice little game. Cool, challenging progression.

Vincent Povirk

Sep 12, 2016, 9:11:50 PM9/12/16
to PuzzleScript, jack.l...@gmail.com
Your use of realtime_interval to animate breaks undo (can't undo past a fireball death). So I fixed it.

http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=11b1ada5a214cb912872b72c0c859486

Stephen Lavelle

Sep 13, 2016, 4:23:47 AM9/13/16
to Vincent Povirk, PuzzleScript, Jack Lance
I don't have any problems undoing past a fireball death in the original version, and in your version it automatically resets now instead?

Vincent Povirk

Sep 13, 2016, 2:18:07 PM9/13/16
to PuzzleScript, madew...@gmail.com, jack.l...@gmail.com
On Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 3:23:47 AM UTC-5, Stephen Lavelle wrote:
I don't have any problems undoing past a fireball death in the original version, and in your version it automatically resets now instead?

Looks like it changed between the original version and the "Bonus Levels" version. The original required input before resetting, by regarding corpses as players. In the updated rules, corpses are not players, and there's no check for movement.

It's not clear to me why that rule change would be needed.