10 Seconds Random Game Generator

pyro...@yahoo.fr

Oct 11, 2013, 4:28:27 PM10/11/13
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys !
I created the first version of my 10 Seconds Random Game Generator !

Using the awesome tool Puzzlescript, you can now create a playable experiment just by entering a title !

I hope you'll enjoy. :D

The link :
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69344892/puzzlescriptgen/index.html

sftr...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2013, 4:40:28 PM10/11/13
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com, pyro...@yahoo.fr
Interesting! Here's my game, Giant Pig: http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=6941681

Stephen Lavelle

Oct 11, 2013, 5:47:15 PM10/11/13
to Joseph Mansfield, puzzle...@googlegroups.com, pyro...@yahoo.fr
ahaha, cool - if you want it to work seamlessly with puzzlescript, you could have it submit a gist to github, and send that link to puzzlescript in the url (check out the sourcecode to puzzlescript on github if you want to see how - it's all client-side javascript)

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 9:40 PM, <sftr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Interesting! Here's my game, Giant Pig: http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=6941681

Stephen Lavelle

Oct 11, 2013, 5:51:10 PM10/11/13
to Joseph Mansfield, puzzle...@googlegroups.com, pyro...@yahoo.fr
One thing - most of the levels seem only one move away from completion?  I would rather it generate 100x levels, if that's the case, rather than just 1 or two.

You allow for keys for generation, but they don't generate unique levels. I guess it doesn't matter.

xavi...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2013, 2:00:34 AM10/12/13
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com, pyro...@yahoo.fr
It's got some issues, notably the fact that it generated an impossible game.
http://www.puzzlescript.net/editor.html?hack=6946318
I did go through the rules though and it was moderately interesting trying to figure out what they all did. I commented them and it pretty much comes down to having complete stupidity in the rules in a variety of ways. My favourite part though was the last two which included the sole win condition.

[< Chlorine] -> [] sfx2
[< Player|> Player|right Chlorine] -> WIN

That is a serious problem deleting all moving chlorine and then saying you need one to win straight after.

pyro...@yahoo.fr

Oct 12, 2013, 4:40:27 AM10/12/13
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com, pyro...@yahoo.fr
Hello

The levels aren't all the same, they are also random-generated.

The fact that rules can create impossible games is normal. It's random-generated rules. Not someone with an accurate idea of a real puzzle game.
I would say it generates much playable experiments than games.

Actually, if you have the right seed, you can generate any Puzzlescript game.

xavi...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2013, 10:13:00 AM10/12/13
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com, pyro...@yahoo.fr
It could provide similar level of analysis as I did at the very least. The most notable and important things being 2 rules that should apply 99% of the time anyway.

1. Have some kind of match on the left hand side, empty matches and matches only containing no don't count.
2. Don't require something moving if it can't have moved in that direction due to a previous rule.

Those two rules would likely make it much less likely to make mistakes, at the same time rule number 2 should always apply and there isn't very many times to break number 1 since it results in filling everywhere with something which is very rarely needed.

Message has been deleted

Michael Cook

Oct 12, 2013, 10:55:40 AM10/12/13
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com, pyro...@yahoo.fr, xavi...@gmail.com
I think even these would be a bit general at first. I'd recommend going the other way - start with rules that you know function on their own as sensible fragments of a PuzzleScript game. So you have a bag of 100 rules like:

[> #T1 | #T2 ] -> [> #T1 | > #T2]

And replace the #T markers with types you've randomly declared above. You grab 5 of these from the bag of 100 rules and use that instead of randomly generating them. Then you can slowly start to make the process a bit more intelligent - breaking up the fragments on either side of the ( -> ), say, or only supplying the LHS of a rule and getting the system to produce mutations of it that become the RHS?

Definitely interesting though! If I get the time I'd like to tinker with something like this too.

rikki...@gmail.com

May 15, 2017, 3:51:02 PM5/15/17
to PuzzleScript, pyro...@yahoo.fr

Hi,

Do you still have a copy of this I could look at? I'm rather intrigued!

Cheers,
Rikki

21hol...@blan.org

Mar 25, 2019, 7:56:35 AM3/25/19
to PuzzleScript

Want - Diverse Content

Oct 31, 2019, 4:04:18 AM10/31/19
to PuzzleScript
I want to try this, but the file no longer exists.

sohyb.k...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2020, 1:26:18 PM2/16/20
to PuzzleScript
Message has been deleted