Festive Lights

Maadball

Dec 29, 2015, 9:34:12 AM12/29/15
to PuzzleScript
I haven't done anything since holidays began. So, I made a little game, just for the sake of doing something.

http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=8a5e78f29f95a9cce8f1

You need to turn on all the lights. Using the action key on a lightbulb will turn it and all adjacent ones on.

Stephen Lavelle

Dec 29, 2015, 10:21:26 AM12/29/15
to Maadball, PuzzleScript
I don't understand the fail state...

Jamie Perconti

Dec 29, 2015, 11:55:03 AM12/29/15
to Stephen Lavelle, Maadball, PuzzleScript
Looks to me like you only get four actions to get all the lightbulbs. (note the corners of the cursor going away) --Jamie

Maadball

Dec 29, 2015, 11:55:39 AM12/29/15
to PuzzleScript, meed...@gmail.com
I'll explain the rules in detail then:
Lightbulbs are connected with wires. If you use an action on a lightbulb, it will light up and all connected lightbulbs will as well.
Your goal is to light up all the lightbulbs with only 4 actions. The amount of actions is the amount of corners on your cursor.
If you use 4 actions and some lightbulbs are still unlit, that's a fail state(?). Restart or undo.

Stephen Lavelle

Dec 29, 2015, 12:42:29 PM12/29/15
to Maadball, PuzzleScript
oh, you should use norepeat_action ( http://www.puzzlescript.net/Documentation/prelude.html )

Stephen Lavelle

Dec 29, 2015, 12:45:49 PM12/29/15
to Maadball, PuzzleScript
thanks for the rule explanation / (I liked the 4x4 square level the most)

happy new year to you too :)

reso77...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2016, 6:35:49 PM1/2/16
to PuzzleScript
Enjoyable game. Only confusing part is, why don't lights that are already lit go out when you activate an unlit adjacent one? "Logically" it doesn't feel right.

James ah ha

Jan 3, 2016, 4:39:06 PM1/3/16
to PuzzleScript
Good, game nice balance of thinking & trying.  May be you could include some switches (to change wire connections) broken wires to repair, spare wire to make necessary connections - to give other levels

Connorses

Jan 4, 2016, 11:30:44 PM1/4/16
to PuzzleScript
I like it, but it's very short. I beat it pretty quick. It's challenging even if switching the same bulb twice doesn't turn it off, and if this did happen you would have a different game with different puzzles. Maybe it's something to consider for a special bulb, if you wanted harder levels??

Hand-E-Food

Jan 12, 2016, 9:09:45 PM1/12/16
to PuzzleScript, reso77...@gmail.com
@reso77, I had the same confusion at first, but that's caused by an assumption that we've played this puzzle before.  It's not about the binary state of the lights, but rather finding four regions that cover all nodes.

Hand-E-Food

Jan 12, 2016, 9:10:27 PM1/12/16
to PuzzleScript
Very nice!  It's good to see something a little different to what we're used to.

Giles Graham

Feb 8, 2016, 3:24:32 AM2/8/16
to PuzzleScript
This was really nice, a lot of fun and mathematically interesting.
My gripe would be around the colour scheme, but that's not a major point at all.