Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Hand-E-Food

ungelesen,
24.11.2016, 22:00:5724.11.16
an PuzzleScript

This is an unofficial, digital, single-player conversion of the board game:

Flash Point: Fire Rescue
by Kevin Lanzing
produced by Indie Boards & Cards

It uses the game's "family" rules with two changes:
  1. The player is granted 1 extra action point per turn to compensate for the lack of team members.
  2. The firefighter will not respawn when knocked down.  The game is over.

There are 10 victims trapped, unconscious, in each structure.  Try to find and rescue them before they are burned or before the structure collapses.  A 70% survival rate is required.  The mission ends when all persons are rescued or lost and the firefighter is outside.

Press X to switch between action mode and selection mode.  The actions you can select and the action points required to use them are:

Door (1ap): Open or close a door.
Door (2ap): Open or close a elevator door.

Axe (2ap): Cut down a wall at the expense of the structure's integrity.

Spray (1ap): Douse a space with water.  Fire turns to smoke.  Smoke is extinguished completely.

Walk (1ap): Walk one space.  You cannot walk through fire.
Walk (2ap): Walk while carrying a person.

Carry (0ap): Carry or put down a person in the current space.

Wait (+5ap): Gain action points, but the fire advances as well.

When you wait, three things happen.
  1. A random space flares up.  A flare in an empty space fills with smoke.  Smoke flares into fire.  A flared fire explodes in all four directions.  An explosion can spread fire, destroy doors and damage walls.  Anyone caught in a fire, including the firefighter, is lost.
  2. Flashover spreads existing fire through smokey areas.  This is a chain reaction and a smokey room can suddenly become ablaze.
  3. Extra alert markers are added if there are less than three alerts or victims in the structure.
You cannot undo moves, but pressing R will revert your actions since the last time you waited.

Good luck!  You're going to need it!

Hand-E-Food

ungelesen,
24.11.2016, 22:06:5824.11.16
an PuzzleScript

James ah ha

ungelesen,
26.11.2016, 12:17:3026.11.16
an PuzzleScript
Good game, nice implementation, your have used PuzzleScript's characteristics well to give sharp visuals to a complicated game.

On Friday, 25 November 2016 03:06:58 UTC, Hand-E-Food wrote:

Stephen Lavelle

ungelesen,
26.11.2016, 13:31:3726.11.16
an James ah ha, PuzzleScript
I found switching between actions to be a very error prone affair - I think if I was doing it I'd try to simplify the interface (maybe press 'x' to go into action mode, and then if you walk into a door you open the door, or a wall you use an axe, or if into empty space where you can use a hose, then hose). maybe. not certain. but for me, right now, I can't really get into it.

Hand-E-Food

ungelesen,
27.11.2016, 06:12:3527.11.16
an PuzzleScript
Thanks for the feedback!

PuzzleScript is probably the wrong medium for this game, but I do love how easy it is to write things in.

Stephen, I like how you consolidated Door, Axe and Spray into one action.  I never picked up on that.  Now how can I have that as "action mode", and still include "carry" and "wait"?

Stephen Lavelle

ungelesen,
27.11.2016, 06:32:0827.11.16
an Hand-E-Food, PuzzleScript
Is it necessary to manually activate wait?

--

iczuba...@gmail.com

ungelesen,
27.11.2016, 07:09:2727.11.16
an PuzzleScript, hand_...@hotmail.com

> Is it necessary to manually activate wait?

The player may want to wait 2 turns to perform more actions in the next one.

Hand-E-Food

ungelesen,
27.11.2016, 07:18:2827.11.16
an PuzzleScript
It's necessary to actively wait when you don't want to use all of your actions. If you use your last action to move close to a fire, there's a chance it will explode in your face and kill you. Stand back instead to keep that safety buffer.

Alternatively, you may want to use a 2ap action when you only have 1ap remaining. You don't want to use that 1ap doing something not beneficial.

Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten
0 neue Nachrichten