[Game] Drop Kick

Aaron Steed

Sep 21, 2016, 7:25:22 PM9/21/16
to PuzzleScript
Sequel to my other puzzlescript game Flying Kick. In this one you kick match-3 gems around and have to line them up old school style to progress.

In the polish phase. Code is a bit janky but holds together mostly. Should get moderately hard, let us know how you get on:

If you don't know what Flying Kick is, it's here (bloody hell, look at that old p variable):

Stephen Lavelle

Sep 21, 2016, 8:20:38 PM9/21/16
to Aaron Steed, PuzzleScript
really like the first level with the gem generator! (up until then I was not completely engaged, and mostly wondering how much I prefered the level progression to the one in the original drop kick) - but from there on there were a number of levels that I liked quite a bit!

just got to the level with two gem generators, but I want to sleep rather than match gems atm :)

good work, aaron

<3

Aaron Steed

Sep 22, 2016, 3:55:47 AM9/22/16
to PuzzleScript, st...@hotmail.com
When I've shown it to people I'm getting some super-derp responses. They really weren't parsing any of the mechanics at all and gave up after trying 2 levels. I can probably cut some levels from the beginning now though as there's plenty of buffer.

Hoboken Pudding

Oct 11, 2016, 11:20:10 AM10/11/16
to PuzzleScript
Cool! I loved Drop Kick, it's nice playing a sequel. Got through about 7 levels so far and will return for more.

Aaron Steed

Nov 24, 2016, 5:48:01 AM11/24/16
to PuzzleScript
K, am done with this now. Was going to release with a puzzlescript console thing (which I've got everything kinda working in NWJS) but the CSS is miserable work so I'm taking a break.

Consider this the director's cut.

Stephen Lavelle

Nov 24, 2016, 5:54:57 AM11/24/16
to Aaron Steed, PuzzleScript
puzzlescript console thing?!

Aaron Steed

Nov 24, 2016, 9:18:33 AM11/24/16
to PuzzleScript, st...@hotmail.com
Basically a website that shows a selection of puzzlescript games, and you can select games with mouse or keys and use Esc to return to the game-selection menu. This is then bundled into an executable using NWJS to create a bundle of puzzlescript games as one app that runs on your desktop (without connecting to the internet - it just acts as it's own isolated server).

To get keys working I had to load the game into an iframe, expand that iframe to fullscreen, attach a keyboard listener that waits for Esc when you're on the title screen of the game, and then close the iframe so you can see the games list.

I compiled it with NWJS, it has a couple of games in it that run fine, and you can hop between them with keys. However, sorting out the CSS so that it doesn't look like hot garbage is another issue.

On Thursday, 24 November 2016 10:54:57 UTC, Stephen Lavelle wrote:
puzzlescript console thing?!

Stephen Lavelle

Nov 24, 2016, 10:19:40 AM11/24/16
to Aaron Steed, PuzzleScript
Want to get together some evening to hack on it, while I hack on the arduboy puzzlescript port? (I have a big checklist of things to do, but it seems to be basically viable :) )

Aaron Steed

Nov 24, 2016, 12:10:19 PM11/24/16
to PuzzleScript, st...@hotmail.com
Aye, I'd be up for that. I'm free any weekday evening - except Mondays though, I'm in a Star Wars RPG campaign that day (I'm a really crap Imperial Spy).

Take your pick and just let me know where to go. I've still got the same phone #, and unless you've changed yours I still have an entry in my phone for Stephen Increpare.