[Game] Manni the Mountaineer (very short/unfinished)

Denis Prause

Oct 18, 2015, 6:44:52 PM10/18/15
to PuzzleScript
Hi,

I just wanted to share a simple game I made for a game jam. In only spent about ~20 hours of work on it so it is very short.
I may add more levels later but I feel like the current status at least already demonstartes the concept well.

Let me know what you think:

Stephen Lavelle

Oct 18, 2015, 6:56:23 PM10/18/15
to Denis Prause, PuzzleScript
ahaha, fancy!

I think you want
norepeat_action

i got to a dead end on level 4 and didn't want to try it again, but I had a nice time until then :)

Denis Prause

Oct 19, 2015, 4:40:59 AM10/19/15
to PuzzleScript, prof....@gmail.com
Thanks for playing - glad you liked it!
The game does allow UNDOs so feel encouraged to backtrack as necessary if there is a next time. :)

I felt like norepeat_action would be to annoying for moving around since some levels are rather large. Maybe I should just increase the key_repeat_interval...

Stephen Lavelle

Oct 19, 2015, 12:50:03 PM10/19/15
to Denis Prause, PuzzleScript
norepeat_action only applies to the x key, though?

Denis Prause

Oct 19, 2015, 1:41:26 PM10/19/15
to PuzzleScript, prof....@gmail.com
Oh! I didn't know about that. (seems obvious in hindsight tho...)
I added it immediately. :)

anna anthropy

Oct 21, 2015, 2:28:00 PM10/21/15
to PuzzleScript, prof....@gmail.com
manni seems like an okay guy, i would have dinner with him.

i find myself longing to climb one-block-tall ledges without the grappling hook, though, just by pressing towards them.

Denis Prause

Oct 22, 2015, 9:25:10 AM10/22/15
to PuzzleScript, prof....@gmail.com
That is a good point and I think I might just as well implement it. The only problem is that I cannot add for climbing boulders because moving towards them is already used for pushing them. So the controls will be inconsistent. Maybe that's worth it though...

Connorses

Oct 22, 2015, 9:57:49 PM10/22/15
to PuzzleScript
I had the same thought, until I realized it would be inconsistent for boulders and it made sense the way it is now.

Connorses

Oct 22, 2015, 10:14:05 PM10/22/15
to PuzzleScript
Really enjoying this game, by the way, although I haven't beaten it yet. I'm glad you tried to fully explore the rope mechanics with rocks you can pull and clouds and all that.

abrobecker

Nov 21, 2015, 11:32:10 AM11/21/15
to PuzzleScript
Nice game!

Nigel Scott

Mar 3, 2016, 10:53:23 AM3/3/16
to PuzzleScript
Best puzzle script game I've played in a while. I loved the way the difficulty went up with the last two levels.

More levels please?